10》Angel of Hope

"Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness."

Falling

Falling

It had only been a few seconds. A few weightless seconds of despair, hopelessness and regrets. It all came to a sudden halt when he felt soft and warm hands grip his shoulders, finally ending his fall.

Jungkook was too tired and drained to question what was happening. He was lifted up into the sky and flown further and further away from the building that would haunt his dreams for the rest of his life.

After a few minutes he touched down in a little deserted park, immediately collapsing on the cold and damp grass. It was covered with frozen dew, which was common now that it was early winter. After what seemed like an eternity, Jungkook turned around to face his saviour.

He gasped in wonder when he saw a tall figure bathed in radiant white light. The light was pure and beautiful, and gave off a comforting warmth. It wasn't blinding and burning like the light of his attackers had been: This one almost seemed to heal away his inner pain and doubts; this light was heavenly.

The figure was no one less than his roommate and friend Hoseok. He stood there, a large pair of majestic white wings spread behind his back. They were the cause of the bright luminiscence, and they were so breathtaking that Jungkook couldn't stop staring. His friend looked like an angel!

Jungkook suddenly broke out into laughter, giggling adorably and showing his bunny teeth. It sounded so unbelievable: He lived in a house with an angel, a boy who could travel without his body and some guy who had psychic visions. If he didn't know any better, he would have thought he was watching some kind of new supernatural kdrama.

"Hoseok! You're an angel?" He asked in awe, still not quite believing what he saw. What had been formulated as a question, suddenly seemed pretty to stupid to him. What else could bright and sunny Hoseok be, if not an angel?
"Why haven't you told me before?"

Hoseok smiled warmly and held his hand out to his friend. Jungkook gratefully took it and leaned his head on Hoseok's shoulder, as he helped him up from the freezing ground.

"I can't just tell everyone what I am." Hobi chuckled softly, leading both of them to a wooden bench beside an ancient weeping willow, whose silvery branches brushed the ground while swinging in the breeze.

"But I just had to reveal my identity, to rescue my idiotic friend over here. What the hell were you doing on a rooftop with Satan and some ex-professor with anger issues?"

Jungkook felt offended. He couldn't believe how Hoseok spoke of his friend. "Please don't say that... Namjoon is a good guy, and he's already dealt with his issues." He said defensively. "And Taehyung can be annoying and kind of terrifying sometimes, but he doesn't deserve to be called Satan for that."