2

"Hey! Logan, over here!" Logan turned to look in the direction he heard his name being called. He had been searching for an empty table to sit at for lunch, like he usually did, but now Patton was waving him over to his table. Logan walked carefully up to him, and Patton gestured for him to sit down.

As soon as he had taken the seat across from him Patton began to ramble on about anything and everything he could think of. Logan listened to him while also looking around the room, taking note of everything around them. His eyes darted across the room, stopping suddenly when he noticed Roman, Virgil, and Archer, all sitting at a table only one table away from them. Patton, after noticing he was no longer listening to him, followed his gaze to the table they were sitting at.

"Hey," he spoke softly, getting Logan's attention. "Do you wanna move tables, so we're further away from those guys?"

"No, it's alright." Logan shook his head, unable to help it as his gaze drifted back over to them. He saw them look over at him, saying something and then all of them laughing. He averted his eyes again, looking back at Patton instead. "I am fine."

"Why do they pick on you anyways?" He asked, frowning. "If you don't mind me asking, anyways! You don't have to answer."

"They always have," Logan shrugged. His face remained neutral, so it seemed like he didn't really care, but Patton could tell he did. "Mostly Roman. I do my best to ignore their words, although sometimes what they say and do does hurt."

"I'm sorry," Patton apologized, confusing Logan.

"It is not your fault. You don't have control over their actions. There is no reason for you to apologize." Logan said.

"Well, no one should be treated like that! So, I feel bad that you have to go through it." Patton explained. "Have you ever done anything to get them to stop? Like, told someone else about it?"

"I have tried to stand up for myself. It does not end nicely." Logan told him, frowning as he thought about it.

"I wish I could do something about it..." Patton frowned even more at seeing Logan frown. He knew it must really bother him if he was frowning. He hadn't known him long, but he could already tell he didn't express his emotions often.

Logan shrugged once again. "It is not your problem to deal with. Thank you, though."

****

Logan and Patton were both leaving the school together, Patton talking away excitedly while Logan listened. While they were walking they heard a shout from behind them.

"Hey, robo-Logan! Hold on!" Logan froze, recognizing the voice. Patton stopped as well as he noticed Logan pause, Logan turning around and coming face to face with Virgil. He didn't flinch away as he did with Roman, as he never really had much part in bullying Logan. Occasionally he would add onto something one of the others had said, but that was all.

Logan couldn't say anything at first, assuming that he had chased after Logan to insult him. He waited for him to say what he had to say, and then he would walk away.

"Hey, so, this is... really weird, and random, but I figured I should just try and say this anyways. I know me and my friends treat you like shit, and I'm sorry, and this probably doesn't make any sense to you at all but maybe we could hang out sometime? You know, be friends?" Virgil spoke in one breath, sounding nervous.

Patton and Logan both shared confused looks, frowning and looking back over at Virgil. Logan didn't know what to say, so Patton spoke up for him.

"You've been bullying him for years, and now you're asking him if you can be friends?" Patton asked, his anger at the other obvious in his voice. Virgil frowned, but before anyone could say anything else Logan spoke up.

"Why?" He kept his voice steady and face emotionless as he spoke, staring blankly at Virgil. "Why ask me this, now?"

Virgil glanced around the school parking lot, sighing. "Listen, I can't really stick around to talk right now. Roman and Archer have no idea I'm here talking to you, and if they find out then... Just... If you believe that I just want to be your friend, meet me here after school tomorrow. If not then, well... I get it."

Glancing around again, obviously scared of the other two seeing him, Virgil waved them goodbye and rushed off without another word.

I've decided to basically just update whenever I'm able to. Which, probably will end up being daily as I'm excited and really want to work on this book.

Also, thanks to Winchester_At_Heart who made this book a cover!! The cover is amazing. Anyways, thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed this chapter. Tell me your thoughts so far! Take care of yourselves. Bye!-Bob