21

Patton was alone again at lunch the following day. He wasn't surprised, but he still missed having his friend there to talk to. He did understand though; after hearing the news of what Virgil had done he didn't want to show up at school either. He didn't want to see him. He was sad too, of course. Probably not nearly as sad as Logan, the two of them were only friends, but he did know him for a while and he still cared for him.

He assumed that seeing Virgil around school would make him sad. It was surprising even to him when Virgil entered the cafeteria and he felt not sadness, but anger. He was angry at Virgil for lying to them. For never really meaning his apology, for hurting him, and especially for hurting Logan. Logan, who had no one but Patton and Virgil, and had trouble understanding feelings. He tricked Logan into trusting him, only to hurt him in the end.

Patton didn't care who saw him. He didn't care if he ended up in trouble. He stood from his table, glaring at Virgil as he made his way over to him, trying to ignore the tears that stung his eyes. "Why?" He hissed as he made it over to him, angry, confused, and hurt. "Why would you do that to him?"

Virgil was shocked, at first. He didn't know what to say, didn't know if he could say anything. He wanted desperately to explain, to tell him he didn't mean any of it. That he loves Logan, that he cared about Patton and wanted him as a friend, that he wished he could take back every last thing he did. He wants to say something, anything, but words won't come and all he can do is gape at Patton, searching for words he would never find.

"How could you do that to him...? To anyone?" Patton asked, voice wavering. "No one deserves anything like that... I thought you actually cared about us, we thought you were our friend!"

His voice grew louder as he spoke, yelling at him. He let out a choked sob, hands that were balled into fists at his side coming up to wipe at his eyes, running out of the cafeteria. Virgil simply watched him go, wishing he could explain, wishing they understood that he was sorry. He knew that maybe he should at least try, tell them he was sorry, that he didn't mean it. But he didn't move, and Patton spent the rest of lunch hiding in the school bathroom trying to stop crying.

****

Logan answered the door quickly after hearing a knock, knowing that Patton was there. Almost immediately he could tell something was off, Patton's smile wasn't anywhere near as bright as usual. When Patton greeted him he could tell he was faking his cheeriness, and he frowned.

"Patton," He said simply, cutting him off as he was talking about something related to schoolwork. "What is wrong?"

"What?" Patton frowned, seeming surprised. "N-nothing... It doesn't matter." He brushed it off, trying to come up with something else to talk about quickly. Logan cut him off again, shaking his head.

"You are upset. I'm not the best at interpreting feelings, but I am certain you are not acting like yourself. What is troubling you?" He asked, and Patton stared at the ground.

"Really, it's stupid..." he mumbled, fidgeting with his hands. "My feelings aren't what's important right now. Not when I'm trying to be here for you..."

"Your feelings are always important." Logan told him. "Is that not what you always tell everyone else? Why should that be any different with you?"

Patton muttered something under his breath that Logan couldn't hear. He asked him to say it again, and Patton sighed. "Your feelings are more important. You have it worse than me. I shouldn't make you worry about me when you already have other things to focus on."

"Patton," Logan began, awkwardly placing a hand on his friend's shoulder in an attempt to comfort him. "I am your friend. I will be there for you just as you have been for me. Do you not also tell everyone else that just because someone has it worse does not mean you can't have feelings as well?"

"I do, but..." Patton trailed off, seemingly unable to think of an argument. "I just don't want to make things worse."

"I am almost a hundred percent positive that things could not get any worse at the moment. Though, they could... if you do not talk about things with someone, it will likely get worse." Logan reasoned. "I care about you, Patton. I want your health, physical and mental, to be well."

Patton stayed quiet for a moment, seeming to think. He couldn't help as a smile grew on his lips, a very tiny one, but still a genuine smile. He was happy that Logan cared about him as much as he cared for Logan, and he was proud of him for handling Patton's emotions very well. He seemed to know exactly what to say, and Patton knew that he could talk to him.

So he shared what had happened that day. How he had gotten angry, how he felt so hurt and almost felt as though he couldn't stop himself from approaching Virgil. He ended up crying again, Logan very awkwardly offering a hug for him friend.

It was different for the both of them, yes. Patton had only been Virgil's friend, while Logan had been his boyfriend, but that didn't mean that they weren't both hurt by his actions. Everything that had happened was horrible, and they were angry at both Virgil and themselves. They didn't know what to do.

The only thing they knew for certain was that no matter what, at least they had each other.

I'm exhausted so sorry if this sucks. Also sorry this took forever to be updated-I was on vacation for a while, and I've just been busy lately. Now that I am home and have a little more time I will do my best to update more often.

Any feedback on how I could improve this story or my writing in general is very helpful. Please, let me know what you think in the comments. I'd like to know what things you all like and dislike about what I've written so I can improve and do better in the future.

Thank you so much for reading, hope you liked this chapter. Bye!-Bob