25

Okayokay, I have a schedule now that I'm going to really try to stick to, so hopefully this book will be updated every Wednesday. Also-if you like analogical and/or royality, you should go check out my new book Parenthood. It's about them raising kids, and it's adorable and happy and fluffy and you should definitely read it! Anyways, onto the story.

It had been a little over a week since Logan had been back to school. If it were up to him he would have switched schools entirely. He never wanted to go back there, to where he had been stupid and let himself get hurt.

It wasn't up to him though, and his parents had decided he had missed enough school. He was going to go back on Monday, and he was dreading it. The one thing that made everything at least the smallest bit better was knowing that Patton would be there. Patton had proved to be the best friend Logan ever could have wanted, and he had been right there with him through it all. Logan was incredibly thankful to have him, and he felt bad for constantly having something going on, although Patton had told him countless times he didn't mind.

He was looking forward to Patton coming over that Saturday. He had been over almost every day since Logan started staying home, and they texted when he wasn't over. Lately he seemed to be busy somewhere else, not that Logan minded. He couldn't expect Patton to always have time for him. They had agreed to meet today though, and Patton told him he had something to talk about with him.

It seemed pretty important, and Logan was very curious to find out what was going on. He was also a little worried about Patton. Not only had he sounded worried when he told Logan he wanted to talk, but he had been a little more secretive lately about things. Logan knew he couldn't expect to know everything going on with him, but it was still concerning. It was unusual for Patton to keep things from him.

A knock from the door brought Logan from his thoughts. Getting up, he made his way to open the door, smiling at Patton standing outside. Patton smiled back, but it seemed off. Logan wasn't sure why, but it didn't seem like Patton's normal bright and happy grin. He pushed this thought away as he let the other enter his house, making his way up to Logan's bedroom as they always did.

"So," Logan began, sitting down on his bed beside of Patton. "You said you wanted to talk about something?"

"Yeah," Patton smiled nervously, not meeting Logan's eyes. It was silent between the two for a while. Logan was getting more and more worried about Patton, but didn't push him to speak. He waited, and finally Patton started to speak again. "Listen, Logan... you're not gonna like what I have to say, but please hear me out, okay?"

Logan nodded, frowning. What could Patton have to say that Logan wouldn't even want to listen to? "Of course. I must admit, this is very worrying, Patton. Please tell me what is going on."

"It's... it's about Virgil." Patton said at least, once again averting his eyes. Before Logan even got the chance to process what he said Patton continued, knowing that Logan might not listen otherwise. "Logan, he loves you! I know he does, he told me himself, and-"

"You've been talking to him?" Logan cut Patton off, confused and angry. "Of course he would say that! He's a liar-none of it, our relationship, his friendship with you, none of it was real! You can't trust him, Patton."

"But I can, and I do! Logan listen, he wants to apologize to you, he's-"

"I don't want to hear anything from him. If you're going to continue defending him, then I don't want to hear anything from you either." Logan stood up, facing away from Patton. "Please leave."

"But Logan, I'm telling you, he-" Logan turned around to face Patton, shooting him a glare that made Patton wince.

"I'm telling you, Patton, to get out of my house! I don't want to hear anything from Virgil. He's a liar, and if you're stupid enough to fall for his tricks again then fine. I won't stop you, but don't drag me into it too. Just get out of here." The more he spoke the less angry he sounded. By the time he finished speaking he sounded defeated. Like he had just given up.

Patton, who was standing as well now, started to head for the door. Hand on the handle, he was about to leave but stopped. Logan nearly jumped when he finally spoke, he hadn't realized he was there for so long. His voice was soft, not wanting to make Logan angry once again, but just wanting to say what he needed to say.

"I know you think I'm stupid, and that's okay. It does sound stupid to trust him after everything, but... you haven't seen him, Logan. He's... a mess right now. Right after you found out about everything him and Roman left Archer. All the awful things Virgil said about him, about how he wished he didn't have to be friends with him... those weren't lies. Archer is the one behind this, not Virgil. If you saw him... I think you'd believe him too." Patton sighed, turning back to the door. "You don't have to talk to him. You don't even have to talk to me, but... I had to try. I... I'll leave you alone now. See you, Logan."

Logan didn't say anything as he heard the door to his room open and close, and Patton walk down the stairs. He didn't do anything even when he knew Patton was gone, didn't go after him, didn't apologize for being so angry. He just stood there. He didn't know what to do.

He trusted Patton. He didn't really think he was stupid-he was the stupid one for saying that. Maybe he was right. Maybe Logan should talk to Virgil again, but Logan didn't know if he even could. What if Patton was wrong? What if Virgil really was just tricking them both again, just trying to hurt them both more?

And what if he was right? What happened then? Was Logan just meant to forgive him immediately, to go back to the way things were before? Even if he was sorry, and he did love Logan, he still hurt him. He still could have stopped lying to him at any point.

Except, that's exactly what he had been trying to do when Logan overheard their conversation. He had heard it himself, Virgil was trying to leave them then. Logan couldn't exactly blame him for being scared to, after all he had seen himself what Archer was like when he was angry with someone.

With a frustrated sigh Logan finally moved from his spot standing by his desk over to his bed, collapsing onto it and willing away all thoughts of Virgil and Patton. Both of them had hurt him, and he didn't want to focus on that right now. Yet, the thought still lingered in the back of his mind, and even if he would deny it Logan knew he was still considering trusting Patton's advice.