15

Weeks had passed since Logan and Virgil had shared their first kiss. The two had been on plenty more dates, and although affection wasn't something either of them were very fond of they had gotten a lot more comfortable being around each other. Now when the two sat beside each other when they went out with Patton or at his house it was normal for them to be touching each other in some small way. Sometimes one of them would have an arm wrapped around the other, and other times they held hands, or just sat with their shoulders touching, feeling perfectly content just knowing the other was there.

Logan was at lunch with Patton, thinking about their relationship. He felt happier than he had ever been before, and he felt really glad that he had agreed to become friends with Virgil. As he was thinking of him his gaze drifted over in Virgil's direction, watching him, Roman, and Archer.

Usually, Virgil was very quiet around the two of them. Logan rarely ever saw him talking to them, and that's why he was surprised to find Virgil doing exactly that. He looked angry, and it seemed like the three of them were arguing. Logan frowned, narrowing his eyes as he peered over at them curiously, wondering what was going on.

Suddenly, one of them pointed over at the table he was sitting at, and they turned to him. Logan quickly looked away, gazing around the room to make it look like it was an accident he had been looking at them. After a few moments he glanced back, seeing them once again arguing and not paying him any attention.

Logan frowned more, forcing himself to look at the table in front of him instead of the three of them. He didn't want to get caught again, and make Roman and Archer wonder why he was staring. Instead, he wondered if he had something to do with what they were arguing about, and if maybe Virgil had finally told them about their relationship.

Logan didn't see Virgil after school that day, both of them having other things that they needed to do. He said goodbye to Patton as they exited the school together, and the two of them went their separate ways. The rest of that evening Logan kept thinking about Virgil, wondering why he had seemed so angry with Archer and Roman.

****

It wasn't until the sun had disappeared from the sky that Logan heard from Virgil again. He got a text, and was quick to open it up, worried about him.

Virgil: hey. i know it's late, but is there any chance you could meet up with me? i've had a pretty shitty day, and i wanna see you

Logan: Of course. Where would you like to meet?

Virgil: the park? i'm already here.

Logan: I will be there shortly.

Logan quickly got ready to leave the house, sneaking out and beginning the walk to the park. He moved as quickly as possible, wanting to be with Virgil to make sure he was okay, hating that he was upset. He also desperately wanted to know if this was caused by the fight between him, Roman, and Archer, and if it had to do with Logan. He would hate it if he were somehow the cause of his boyfriend's distress.

Logan arrived in just a few minutes, finding Virgil sitting on the same bench the two had sat at when they got together. His head was back, staring up at the night sky that had filled with stars. Logan watched him for a moment, smiling.

"Hey." He spoke quietly, stepping up to the bench as Virgil looked up at him, startled.

"Oh. It's just you." He sighed, gesturing to the seat beside of him for Logan to sit with him. Logan did so, taking Virgil's hand in his own as he went back to looking at the stars. Logan joined him a moment later, staring up into the sky and sighing.