26

People keep asking me to update so I thought I should upload this so those of you who don't read my oneshots book know. I am taking a break from writing for a little while. I will be back, and when I am I will be updating this book every single Wednesday. If you're curious you can read my note in my oneshots book to find out why I'm taking a break/what I'm doing while on break. Please be patient with me, for now have this chapter. ^•^

Also, warning for mentions of violence and death.

Logan felt physically sick when his alarm woke him on Monday morning. He felt like he might throw up, and all of the worried thoughts in his head were only making this problem worse. Still, he knew he had to go back and some point.

Reluctantly peeling back the blankets on his bed, Logan sat up with a sigh. He glanced over at his bedside table, feeling the top of it until he found his glasses. Throughout his entire morning routine Logan made sure he moved as slowly as possible, hoping something-anything might come up to keep him from leaving the house. Unfortunately he was ready to leave soon, and made his way out of the door.

The entire morning Logan did his best to avoid the only two people he had ever considered his friends. It was difficult, especially since Patton's locker was right next to his. He seemed to be waiting for Logan for a long time, but had to leave when class was about to begin. Logan had to rush to get his things, but he was alright with that as long as he didn't have to face Patton. He couldn't do that yet.

He had managed to avoid Patton and all of Archer's gang all the way up to lunch. He was dreading going to lunch even more than he was dreading being in school in general, and when it was time to go he was terrified. Where would he sit? What if one of them approached him to try and talk?

Logan forced himself to draw in a deep breath, calming himself as he walked through the doors of the lunchroom. He scanned the room for an empty table, feeling reminded of the first day of school when a familiar voice called him over. Instead of doing the same as he had all that time ago, Logan merely glanced at Patton, and continued to search for another table. He forced himself not to notice the way that Patton shrank down in his seat and wiped at his eyes, finally finding a table and sitting down.

For a while he simply sat at his table, staring down at its surface and wondering why he didn't think to just skip lunch. Part of him knew he had a reason for coming here, though. He wanted to know what Patton had meant when he told him Virgil was a mess. He didn't know why. Mostly he was just curious. Part of him also knew he trusted Patton, so if he believed Virgil deserved a second chance... maybe he did.

"Hey, you're in my seat-oh." Logan looked up suddenly as a familiar voice spoke behind him, both of them freezing when Logan whirled around to look at him. Neither said anything, Virgil looking to the ground while Logan's gaze wandered over his many injuries. He looked like he was about to turn the other way and run when Logan spoke and stopped him.

"You look like shit." He said, definitely seeing what Patton had meant now. Virgil let out a quiet laugh. He had almost forgotten just how serious and awkward this situation was, but he remembered quickly and soon the smile was gone from his face again. Logan felt his heart ache at seeing the frown on Virgil's face just from having to interact with Logan.

"Yeah." Virgil agreed, sighing and fidgeting with his sleeves nervously. "Archers an asshole." He shrugged, and Logan was shocked.

"Archer did this to you?" He questioned. He really didn't know what had happened, but that certainly wasn't what he expected to hear.

"Er, yeah..." Virgil frowned again, looking over at Logan curiously. "You didn't... Patton didn't tell you about that?"

Logan shook his head. "I... didn't want to listen to him when he mentioned you... Why did he..?"

"I left him. Me and Roman both. Since I was the one who convinced Roman to leave with me he decided to come after me, I guess. He would have hurt me worse if Roman didn't find me. Probably would've killed me." Virgil shrugged again.

"Don't say that." Logan muttered, frowning. Virgil didn't say anything for a moment.

"Can we.." He trailed off, sighing and looking at Logan. There were obvious tears in his eyes that almost made Logan want to wipe them away and forgive him, to tell him it was okay and he loved him. He couldn't though, so he stayed seated and kept his hands in his lap. "Can we talk after school? You don't... have to listen to me, if you don't want but... I mean-well... just, meet me if you want."

With that he turned and rushed away, not giving Logan any chance to say or do anything. Logan didn't know what to do except turn back around to sit normally at his table, returning to his hunched over position from before and staring at the wooden surface. Tears burned his own eyes, both from sadness and anger. His anger was directed at himself for even listening to what Virgil had to say when he had hurt him so much.

Virgil had seemed sincere, but how could Logan trust him when he had been tricked once? It was so easy to forget everything that happened when he looked at Virgil, almost as if he could just forgive him right then and everything would be fine. He wanted to, he really wanted to forgive him, but logically he knew he shouldn't. What he did was wrong, and Logan had no way of knowing whether or not he would lie again.

Logan let his head fall to rest on the desk with a soft thud, sighing. He wasn't sure what he was going to do, and he had such little time to figure it out. Logan couldn't help but wonder just when his life had become so complicated.

I have a horrible headache and all I wanna do is sleep but I have so much work to do gahhhhh. I keep closing my eyes for a minute but then I accidentally start falling asleep and I'm probably not going to get enough work done today, agh

Anyways, I'm really unsure how long this break will last, so sorry about that. Just, please don't demand updates from me, I'm busy and stressed and I swear I'm working on it!! I'll be back as soon as I possibly can.

Anyways, sorry if this wasn't the best of chapters-I feel like I say that too much but I'm tired and can't think straight(ever-I'm not straight), so I really dunno if there's any mistakes in this or not. But, I do hope you enjoyed it, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on this chapter or what your predictions for this hook are. I'll see you all as soon as I'm back. Bye!-Bob