11

Logan slammed his locker door shut, turning to Patton to see if he was ready to walk to his class. When Patton closed his door and flashed him a grin the two of them started walking in the direction of their classes, talking to each other. As they were walking, Logan noticed them about to pass by Roman, Archer, and Virgil.

Virgil, who was facing him and looked bored, noticed Logan as well. He glanced at Roman and Archer to be sure they weren't looking, and then shot a smile to Logan that he returned. His smile disappeared when Roman and Archer looked over at him, and followed his gaze over to where Logan was. They both wore grins that terrified Logan, and he froze up while Patton tugged at his arms to get him to leave.

Roman and Archer started to walk towards the two of them, but were stopped when Virgil grabbed Archer's arm. He whispered something to him, Logan watching as the grin on his face grew and he looked back at Virgil with a nod. He said something to Roman, and Virgil shot Logan a look to tell him to leave.

Logan didn't waste any time in getting away, Patton right behind him. As he made his way to his class he reminded himself to thank Virgil for that later.

The rest of the day passed by as usual, and Logan was relieved when it was finally time for lunch. He usually didn't mind school, but today for some reason everything felt a lot more boring than usual. He sat down at his table with Patton, who grinned over at him.

"So... You're gonna tell me everything that happened with Virgil, right?" Patton wasted no time in asking, excitedly bouncing up and down in his chair. Logan felt his cheek heat up as he stared down at the table.

"Well... I told him that I returned his feelings, and... I suppose that means we're... together, now." Logan shrugged, trying to ignore it as his cheeks turned a darker red. Patton started to rant off excitedly about how happy he was for the two of them, making Logan smile and feel slightly less embarrassed.

As Patton babbled on Logan took the chance to pull out his phone, opening up his texts with Virgil.

Logan: Thank you. For stopping them earlier.

He glanced over at Virgil, seeing him glance at his phone. He quickly looked up to see Roman and Archer in a conversation, too busy laughing away to care what he was doing. He looked over at Logan, then down at his phone as he typed a response.

Virgil: it's not a big deal. just didn't wanna see you hurt again...

Logan smiled to himself as he looked at the message, telling him that he was still very thankful. Virgil didn't say anything in response, and Logan turned his attention back to Patton, who had switched topics since the last time he had been paying attention. He felt bad for tuning out, making sure to listen better to his friend. They both talked happily for the rest of lunch.

****

After school, Logan was talking to Patton and Virgil over text when he started thinking. If he and Virgil were dating now, should he take him on a date? What did people do on dates? How was he supposed to ask him?

Logan sighed in frustration, dragging a hand down his face as he thought. Eventually, he decided to just consult Patton once again. He seemed to know a lot more about feelings and relationships than he did, which made sense considering Logan had never been in a relationship before then.

He opened up the texts between him and Patton only, sending him a message.

Logan: I require your assistance.

Patton: With what?

Patton: Nothing bad, right?

Logan: No, nothing bad. I am simply considering asking Virgil to go on a... date, with me, and I have no idea how to ask. Or where to go on said date. Or if I should even ask him in the first place.

Patton: oh my goodness!!

Patton: Of course you should!!

Logan: But I still do not know where we should go, or how to ask.

Patton: That's easy. Just go to the park, and hang out and get ice cream!

Patton: Just spend time together!! I'm sure he'll be happy with that.

Patton: Just ask him! Really, it isn't that hard. I promise.

Logan: Are you sure? He will like just spending time together? Hanging out in the park doesn't sound very grand or romantic. Isn't that what it should be like?

Patton: If you don't like that idea, then there are lots of other things you can do.

Patton: But it doesn't have to be super grand! Just have fun, that's what matters.

Patton: And I'm sure Virgil would appreciate something smaller. Might make him feel less nervous, and you guys should both be having fun!

Logan: Alright. Thank you, Patton. I will ask him.

Patton: Tell me how it goes!!!

Logan smiled at his friends excitement about him asking Virgil on a date. For a moment he forgot how nervous he was about actually asking Virgil to go. Only for a moment, and then he couldn't help but think of the many possible ways it could go wrong. Taking a deep breath, Logan prepared himself and wrote out a message to Virgil.

Logan: I was wondering if you would like to go on a date after school Friday. We could meet up at the park, and spend time together there.

Logan's hand hovered over the send button for a few minutes, considering backing out. Maybe he could ask another time, or he could wait until Virgil asked him? His shaking hands caused him to send the message accidentally, and Logan stared at his phone in shock for a moment.

Well, there was no going back now.

Virgil: sure. sounds fun.

Logan sighed, shaking his head at himself. All that worrying over nothing. Virgil did want to go on a date with him. Logan frowned again, realizing that now he had actually asked there was still the actual date ahead to worry about.

As his mind once again filled with thoughts of how it could go horribly, Logan groaned and laid back in his bed. It would be a long wait to Friday.

I apologize if the last half of this wasn't very good, I am exhausted. I got three hours of sleep the night(ha, night. Yeah I slept from 10AM-1PM) before, and now it's 2AM and I'm a moron.

Hope you liked this chapter, thanks for reading. Take care of yourselves. Bye!-Bob