8

Please excuse any typos, I'm not used to writing on my laptop. 

Two weeks had passed by since what had happened at the park, and Logan, Patton, and Virgil had spent more time together. They met after school nearly everyday, unless Virgil had to be with Roman and Archer, who still knew nothing of their friendship. On those days Logan and Patton would hang out at one of their houses, and while they had fun spending time together Virgil had become a part of their group, and not having him there felt strange. 

Logan had just gotten back home from Patton's house, where the two of them had hung out after school, and was currently laying in his bed, staring up at the ceiling and lost in thought. It was something that had been happening a lot recently, Logan getting distracted by his mind. For some reason his thoughts kept wandering back to Virgil. 

He really enjoyed spending time with the other student. Being around him made Logan feel inexplicably happy. When the two of them were together, or even simply when they passed by each other in school, he couldn't stop the small smile growing on his face. When they weren't together, the simple thought of him made him happy, and excited for when they would see each other again. 

Logan sat up with a sigh, attempting to clear his mind and focus on something else. As he did this his phone went off, notifying him of a text. He grabbed his phone off his bedside table, checking it and finding a text from the exact person he had been trying to stop thinking about. He opened the message quickly. 

Virgil: hey. so uh, just wanted to ask... would you like to go out after school tomorrow? 

Logan: Just the two of us? Not Patton? 

Virgil: yeah. if you're fine with that. I was thinking we could meet at that coffee shop we went to when we first started talking. 

Logan: I would not mind. We should inform Patton that we will not be able to spend time with him tomorrow. 

Virgil: already done that. he understands. what are you up to? 

Logan and Virgil continued to talk for a while. When Logan finally happened to notice the time it was already midnight, and he told Virgil they should both probably get off to get some rest. After Virgil told Logan he would try to get some sleep Logan shut off his own phone, setting it off to the side and laying back in bed. 

Once again, his mind stayed fixated on the very person he had stayed up half the night talking to. He continued to think of Virgil and wondered what would happen the next day when they were hanging out. He was a little confused about why he had only wanted it to be the two of them, and hoped he would find out the next day. He drifted off with thoughts of the other, looking forward to the next day. 

**** 

Logan arrived early at the coffee shop the next day, getting a seat and waiting for Virgil. It took him a while, but finally he came through the door, smiling at Logan, who smiled back immediately. He couldn't help noticing the other seemed slightly more dressed up than usual, and wondered why. He decided not to ask, and offered him a simple hello. 

Virgil gave him a small wave as he sat down across from Logan, still smiling. "Hey. How are you?" 

"I am doing well." Logan gave his usual response, also not letting the small smile fall from his face. He was confused about why Virgil seemed to be in a much better mood than usual, but once again chose not to comment on it, simply happy to see him smiling. "How are you?" 

"I'm good." Virgil answered, pausing to take a sip of his drink. "Really happy that you agreed to come. Also really nervous... I've never been on a date before, actually." 

Logan coughed, setting down his drink that had choked him as he drew in a sharp breath. A date. That's what this was. Everything suddenly made a little more sense. Not inviting Patton along, why he looked dressed up, even the smile that didn't seem to leave his face. Logan nodded slowly, drawing in another deep breath. 

"I haven't either... I should be honest with you, Virgil, I... did not realize that was what this was." He frowned, watching guiltily as Virgil's face fell, cheeks burning a bright red. 

"O-Oh. I guess I should have... probably made that a little more clear, I'm sorry." He muttered, avoiding Logan's eyes. "I just made things super awkward, didn't I? Sorry." 

Logan frowned, looking down at Virgil's shaking hands on the table and hesitating before reaching out to hold one of them. "No, it is alright. I should have understood before. It is my lack of knowledge when it comes to emotions that has landed us in this situation. I apologize." 

Virgil looked down at their hands, beginning to shake a little less. He still looked nervous and embarrassed, but at least he knew Logan wasn't mad at him. "Still you... Probably wouldn't have come if you knew, right?" 

"I... did not say that." Logan muttered, him now being the one to avoid Virgil's shocked gaze. 

"You like me?" Virgil blurted before he could stop himself, and Logan frowned. He still didn't look up at Virgil, lost in thought. 

"I... I don't know..." He could feel his cheeks burning and knew that at this point they would probably be a darker red than Virgil's. "Maybe? I... am not good at understanding feelings, as I said before." 

"You don't have to give me an answer now," Virgil began, almost too quiet for Logan to hear. "Just... Take your time to figure things out. If you do, then we can try this whole date thing over again, and if you don't then... Well, as long as you don't decide you hate me, we can pretend this never happened and keep being friends?" 

"I would not hate you." Logan said quickly, frowning over at Virgil. "I will think about it. If... you do not mind me asking, how long have you liked me?" 

Virgil's face burned even brighter, his free hand fidgeting with his sleeve. "A-A little while now. That's, er... Another reason I wanted to apologize to you and become friends." 

"And... how did you know?" Logan questioned. 

"I don't know." Virgil shrugged. "I just did. I... look forward to seeing you often, and I think about you a lot... Do I have to keep explaining? This is embarrassing." 

"No, I was just curious. If you would like to, and since we are already here, would you like to continue talking about other things for a while?" Logan offered, Virgil nodding quickly. Soon, the two were talking as though nothing had just happened, and they were just two good friends hanging out and having fun. Despite the fact that Logan was trying to act as though everything was normal, he couldn't help but keep their conversation in the back of his mind the entire time. 

He just kept wondering. What were his feelings towards Virgil? What would happen next if he did return his feelings, and the two started going out? Logan, who had been bullied most of his life, had never liked anyone, and certainly hadn't ever been in a relationship. What was he supposed to do? 

He did the best to keep these thoughts in the back of his mind, determined to have fun hanging out with Virgil while he was there. 

This chapter may sound very familiar to anyone who reads my oneshots book. Yes, that is where I got the idea for this chapter from. (For anyone wondering which oneshot, it was called A Date? and it was near the end of the first book.) 

Just so you all know, I may upload less often on here. My phone, which is what I usually write on, has broken and I despise writing on my laptop. I wanted to get something done though, especially since this chapter is kind of where things start happening and also I had already written half of this before my phone had messed up on me, and I just wanted to finish what I had already started. Anyways, I'll try my best to keep uploading quickly, but make no promises as my health is pretty bad at the moment too and I've been trying to take a break and feel better. I'm sorry, aha. 

Thanks for reading, hope you liked this chapter. Take care of yourselves. Bye!-Bob