3

Both Logan and Patton stood in silence for a moment after Virgil disappeared, both wondering what had just happened. The quiet ended when Patton suddenly spoke up, turning to look at Logan.

"What are you doing to do?" He questioned, and Logan shrugged, face as blank as ever.

"Nothing. I do not trust him." He said simply, starting to walk away from the school again. "Whatever they are trying to trick me into doing isn't going to work."

"So, you do think they're trying to trick you?" Patton asked, and Logan nodded.

"Why else would he ask me that? After all these years of bullying me he actually wants to be my friend?" He shook his head, sighing. "Although it's not impossible, it is unlikely."

"Are you... upset? Because he tried to trick you." Patton worried, putting a hand on his shoulder gently and stopping him from walking. Logan paused, turning to look at him with a small frown.

"More than anything I'm confused, and annoyed." He admitted, and Patton noticed that avoided the original question. He didn't say anything though, assuming that if he wanted to talk about it then he would.

The two of them carried on walking home, going their separate ways. Patton was still worried about Logan, and Logan just couldn't stop thinking.

After making it back home Logan had hidden himself in his room to finish the little homework he had. He hadn't completely forgotten about what happened, but he had pushed it to the back of his mind. It still kept bothering him, though, and eventually he couldn't help it as he got lost in his own mind.

If it was all just a trick, what could the three of them be planning? If he had agreed to hang out with him, would they have ended up humiliating him in front of a bunch of people? Would they have just beat him up and insulted him as usual? Then, of course, the question he had thought of but didn't really want to think about.

What if he was telling the truth? He seemed honest enough, and he did look scared when he looked around to see if Roman or Archer had noticed him. Logan had said it himself, it was unlikely he was being honest but it wasn't impossible. What if he genuinely wanted to be friends with Logan? Did Logan want to be friends with him?

Logan sighed, feeling frustrated with both the situation and himself. He was curious. He just needed to know if he was being honest or not. Pulling out his cell phone Logan texted the number Patton had insisted on giving him after leaving school.

Logan: Hello. It is Logan. I couldn't help but keep thinking about what happened today, and I wanted to ask you if you would go with me tomorrow to meet Virgil. I don't want to go alone.

Hesitating for a few minutes, he finally sent the message, setting his phone down and waiting for a response. Before he could even draw his hand back after setting the phone down he received a reply. Then another one, and another.

Patton: of course!!

Patton: I'm happy to help out.

Patton: what made you decide to trust him?

Logan sighed, feeling annoyed. He could have simply sent that in one message. Ignoring it and realizing he would just have to get used to it he typed up a response.

Logan: I don't trust him. That is why I am not going alone. Before I approach him I want to be prepared. I have a plan to see if he is being honest or not.

Logan and Patton talked for hours, discussing Logan's plan. He discovered how easy it was for Patton to get sidetracked, getting distracted by little things. They ended up on a conversation about dogs, Patton going on excitedly while Logan just listened to what he had to say. He shook his head, and let himself smile slightly. Patton was definitely Logan's opposite, but he was glad to have him as a friend.

He allowed Patton's mindless chatter to distract him from worrying about tomorrow.

Does anyone have any suggestions for places that friends can go to hang out? And also date ideas, I need date ideas. I have a few, but I could always use some more.

Again, I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this book so far! Thank you for reading, I hope that you enjoyed this chapter. Take care of yourselves. Bye!-Bob