Blaze

Chapter 1

Snow White.

There is common misconception that my personality must be sweet and delicate.

I am none of the above, and thankfully that is a good thing. If I was sweet and delicate, and the new girl at Richard High I would be eaten alive.

Richard High School is a preparatory school. It is full of overachievers in Music, Dance, Mathematics, Athletics. Name it and the damn school has a trophy in it.

So naturally the school is full of students who are full of hot shit, and I would rather be anywhere but here.

However, I don't have a choice. The devil herself chased me across the country and I needed a place to hide where she will least expect to find me.
My mothers home town. She would be rolling over in he grave if she knew I was back here, the place she ran from to be with my father.

"Fuck. Seriously?" I say as I glance up from the pavemented sidewalk to see the modern contemporary decor of the school. It was ridiculous.
The tall building with glass walls on one side and brick on the other. I've seen pictures but this massive place looks more elegant in person.

No way in hell she will find me here, and all I have to do is last a year in this shit hole.

Shaking my head I look away from the school and  continue walking further into the parking lot, trying to ignore the stares sent my way. I knew people would talk, I am probably the first new student they have had in 4 years.

Kingdom County only had about 5,000 residents and so that made this school its only high school. Meaning these kids were raised together, played together, and a fresh face is not something they are used to.

I knew there was an obvious chance that people would stare and talk. Still I can't help but send a glare at anyone who points at me. Plus school literally starts in 5 minutes, don't they have somewhere to be?

It's then, a certain pair of blue eyes catches my attention. The haunting eyes belonged to a Greek god with chiseled features and dark raven hair. His tall frame was draped in tight blue jeans with a gray shirt and leather jacket. Seeing as we are all the way up in Pennsylvania in November I wish I had a leather jacket right about now.

He is standing with other god-like creatures but I can't move my gaze anywhere else but him.

Those blue eyes are so incredibly piercing that even from across the lot I feel my heart rate pick up. His god-like friends are talking to him, but our eyes stay locked for what feels like minutes. Until finally one of his friends grab ahold of his arm and pull his attention away fro me. I take the opportunity to actually look at where I am going but I soon feel his gaze back on me as I go inside.

Trying to brush off the intense stare of the most beautiful man I have ever seen, he seems more like a college kid then a high school brat. I begin to make my way into the building towards the office trying to avoid the hawk eyes of the students.

Maybe I should have gotten here earlier instead of later, I thought less people would notice me with the crowd of students but I only seem to have a bigger audience watch my every move now.

Keeping a low profile and blending in means planning every step I make, down to the simplicity of the clothing. Black ripped jeans, converse, and a white long sleeve top with black fabric lining the neckline and bottom of the sleeves. I also would proudly like to add I have a black cat sticking out of the breast pocket.

I actually do have a black cat back at my small little apartment. His name is Ace.

"How can I help you?" A sweet but strained voice asks, and I am pulled out of my daze.