I Threw His Cigarettes

Chapter 7

I follow him through the crowd to a back room that looks like a dining room without a table and swarms of people dancing.
However, he is nowhere to be seen not even on the dance floor. I was about to give up until I saw a door to the backyard and made my way outside to where he is lighting up a cigarette.

"What the hell is your problem? I was invited here by Mason and Hazel so what right do you have to kick me out?" I hiss getting close enough to smell the tobacco mix with his minty breath.

Axel takes a long drag while watching me and I glare daggers at him. I can see he wants to smile at my anger, but he holds himself back and simply says, "I don't like you."

"Yeah got that," I snap and he just keeps puffing smoke out like a chimney, "I just don't get why."

"You are a danger to my people," he says with a shrug and begins to pull the cigarette back to his lips.

Before he can I pull the cig out of his hand and smash it against the brick wall. It came so naturally, that I didn't have to look away, and stayed glaring at him.

"Last time I checked their called friends. They are your friends, not your people. You don't own them and can't tell them who they can hang out with," I say and my anger reaches an all-time high as he reaches for another cigarette.

Unfazed again by this action I grab the box from his hands and toss it behind him into the dark grass.

Axel gets extremely still still staring at his empty hands, before slowly turning to look at the grass that swallowed his cigs and then turning back to me. Annoyance etched into his feature

"That was literally 6 dollars you just throw away," he tells me and I still can't read him but I can tell he is getting fed up with me.

"What the hell do you have against me?" I ask angrily getting even closer to him almost pressing against his chest. My attempt was to be intimidating, but in all honesty it would look more intimate.

"You owe me 6 dollars," he repeats and I huff out a frustrated sigh.

"Axel answer the damn question," I hiss trying not to shake from the cold air around us.

"Why don't I like you? Well besides the fact you just dead ass throw away my full pack of cigarettes," he says and points a finger at me, leaning closer than he already was, "you have yet to be truthful with them. Yet for some reason they actually trust you. You piss me off because you are a mystery and have so many secrets that it is insane how you can keep up. I do not want them being dragged into whatever danger you have gotten yourself into and whatever you are running from-"

"I'm not running from any-"

"Save it," he says holding up a hand, "we both know that's bull."

I open my mouth to speak, but again he holds up a hand and continues, "I don't know and honestly, I don't care what shit you're in deep on, but don't drag them into your mess."

He brushes against my shoulder as I stare at him shocked. I was too caught up in what he said to even register the door opening beside me. But the slam of it closing snaps me out of my fog and before I know it my feet are moving and I am racing after is an arrogant ass.

"Axel!" I shout to get his attention, there aren't many people in the back of the house but a few eyes follow me as I approach his tense figure as it waits for me.

"Let's just get one thing straight," I hiss and make my way around him and stand extremely close to his chest to angry to care how it may look.

"I did not go looking for your friends, they came looking for me. I don't know why they are so passionate on being close to me, but I would suggest if you are unhappy with that then you should keep them away instead of threatening me. Because you're right I am a mysterious bitch, so you don't know what I have up my sleeve. Do not threaten me. Do not make me show you just how dangerous I can fucking be."