Flirting

Chapter 10

The humm of conversations bounces off the white walls. A warm ease to the everyday life here was something that I spread through my entire body. My eyes follow everyone's movements as they easily make room for one another in the space between their tightly backed chairs.
Their bodies creating a wall to block out the rest of the cafeteria. An inaudible signal that there would be no intrusion unless they made room.

I watch Kayla and her side kicks scowl at the table, I could see her fingers itching to sit here, in my seat. The seats at the end that once held  spiteful girls are now removed from the table.

Hazel told me different girls had rotated through the three chairs between Jackson and Mason, but my chair had been added on just for me. Somehow that was supposed to mean something.

"How long?" I ask watching as Jax gave Axel his bread and Mason passed Hazel his broccoli.

"You'll have to be more specific," Mo says from beside me as Axel offers his apple to her. His warm welcome had also spread to Mo's reentry is the group, and I wasn't thankful for that because she quietly grew to be my outlet. The one I felt could relate to me more than any of them.
Despite that. They all become some sort of comfort in my life. Each person at this table knew a different part of me.

"How long have you guys known each other?" I ask the table.

"Well you see being the brother of Axel I can say that i have known him all his life," Jax says with a sarcastic tone and I roll my eyes.

"8 years," Hazel answers elbowing Jax beside her, "I met Jax and Axel 8 years ago."

"6," Mason chimes in being oddly quiet, "I met Jax, Axel and Hazel about 6 years ago."

"2," Jackson follows and my eyes swing to him to find he is looking at Mo whose head is turned unable to see his gaze, "I moved here to live with my father. Mason introduced me everyone. But Mo was the first I really got to know."

I nod my head thinking about their answers when Axel final speaks, "why do you ask?"

My eyes foolishly meet his and I feel as if he knows the answer but wants me to repeat it to the class.

"Three Months. I've known all of you less than three months," I say and he nods waiting for me to continue, "I must be something else because what took years for you all took months for me."

I take a spoon full of my food waiting for a reaction but before they could speak the bells goes off signaling the end of lunch.
The boys have to head to the locker rooms and quickly raise out of their seats with a few goodbyes.

But Axel stops beside my seat as I eat another spoon full, "every think we are keeping you around to just fattening you up and eat you later when we get hungry," he asks seriously but the twitch of his lips gives away his amusement at my glare.

I don't swallow my food before answering, "that would explain your weight gain," I say patting his rock hard stomach, "maybe more time in the gym and less time eating away at innocent girls."

"Kiss my ass," he says his grin growing catching my double meaning.

"That's funny because I am sure you would looove to kiss mine. Since you were just saying how nice it is the other day," I shot right back at him and lean forward.

"I can't deny that I have eyes Blaze," he says bending down both of our voices being quieter.

"Might as well compliment my tits too because your eyes can't seem to look away from them either," I snap.

His eyes shoot up as a devious smile slips to his lips, "Blaze. You have nice tits."

My smirk drops, "Axel I wasn't being serious."