Mousy Mo

Chapter 2

"Care to explain why you decided to show up so late to my class? Class is almost over." The teacher says in front of everyone, and her dragon breath tell me I will be skipping Physics more often than not.
I turn my head to look over her aging features with gray blonde hair and wrinkles in the corners of her eyes along with some outlining her lips.

"Would you believe me if I said I got lost?" I ask with a wicked grin and a few of my classmates smile or snicker at my answer.

"I'm serious Miss White-"

"Blaze. I go by Blaze," I correct her as she is turning red with anger.

"Where were you Miss White?" She enphasizes my name out of spite and my grin only grows.

"Busy."

Mrs. What's Her Breath, looks like a volcano going to burst and I just tilt my head to the side admiring my work, "Miss White I do not tolerate such-"

"She was with me!" I hear a mousy voice shout from the back and everyones head snaps to look at her.

I look over to see a petite Brunette now sporting large framed square classes, that showed off her cute small nose and subtly features. She has a gentle beauty that I wish I had, it would make me fit my name.

What is she doing in class? She should be at home or talking to the principale about those blonde giants in heels.

"What was that Morean?" Mrs. What's Her Breath asked bewildered.

Mo stands up looking very uncomforable, "Mo, its alright," I tell her not wanting to be saved and having to owe her anything.

"No it's not!" She says and looks back at the teacher, "She was with me. I fell down the stairs a-and she helped me get to the nurse, but since she's new she probably just got lost on her way back."

All eyes fall back to me and my grin drops at her words, "Fell down the stairs, huh?" I say not happy, but it is her choice whether to snitch on the bitches.

"I-it's what happened," she defends softly and I shake my head and turn back to the teacher.

"You heard her. I got lost," I say with zero passion or seriousness.

But for some reason Mrs. What's Her Breath just sends me to the back of the class room to sit next to Mo, who still seems very uncomfortable with the attention.

I drop my bag loudly and slide into the seat with all eyes still on me.
Then Mrs. What's Her Breath continues with her lecture, getting the attention off of Mo and letting her relax.

"I don't think I got to thank you properly," Mo whispers from beside me and I glance her way.

"Why not rat the bitch out? That would be all the thanks I need," I say and she just scoffs at me.

"Yeah and maybe we should dye our hair blonde and join their bimbo crusade," she says sarcastically and I can't help but to laugh out loud.

After earning a glare from the teacher I try to silence my laughter, "Damn," I say with a smile, "I guess you weren't targeted because they were bored."

She shrugs her shoulders, "I have trouble with confrontation, and speaking in front of people. But I couldn't help it one day I snapped at her and she has tried to make my life hell ever since," she explains and I nod my head.

"Okay but why not rat on her?" I ask and again Mo shrugs.

"Snitches get Stitches."