Shakespear

Chapter 14

Blaze

I look at the purple mark on my cheek that is looking much better after icing and a lot of makeup. But there is undoubtedly about to be questioned and I grimace thinking of the one specifically who will ask the most questions.

Sighing I place some food down for the meowing Ace and give him some pets and extra attention. Ever since the rock comes flying through my window last night he has been on edge. I still don't know who the fuck thought it would be cute to throw a rock at my place. But I have a pretty good idea about who would send that kind of warning.

I take a moment longer having already missed first block before heading to school.

The snow on the ground reminded me that winter break is coming closer meaning I have officially been here two months without them finding me. Somehow that was supposed to calm me but it just reminded me they are due any day.

I take another breath before entering the building minutes later. The feeling of dread overpowers me as I pass a few students who watch me walk down the hall staring intensely at my bruised cheek.

I won't use a cliche word like popular, but I am unfortunately on the radar of, what feels like, the entire school.

I grip the cold metal handle before abruptly opening the door and walking straight to Patrick's desk, I drop off a fake doctors note onto his desk and scour the room for an empty seat. Finding one, of course, next to Axel as he patiently waits for me to walk towards him.

I have been dodging him since I skipped out study session—

"What do you not own makeup? Cover that shit up no one wants to see how some bitch beat your ass," Kayla snaps at me and I take a sharp inhale before releasing it and turning to her.

"Unlike you, no I don't enjoy caking my face every fucking day, till I look like some damn clown. Also, I think we don't need to talk about bitches beating asses, seeing as you always run away from the fight and let your groupies handle it," I snap and she goes red, even behind the foundation overload I can see her anger.

Her mouth opens and closes like a fish and thankfully Patrick saves her, "Take a seat Blaze," He says and I feel his heavy gaze on me. As if trying to figure out the story behind the bruise.

I silently move as all eyes are on me, I take my seat next to Axel and don't move an inch for the rest of class.

His heavy gaze stays glued to my cheek and I regret coming to school today. The entire class period is spent with Axel's watchful eyes and the rest of the class sneaking glances at us as Patrick tried to ignore the tension in the room.

Finally, the bell rang but we both stay seated seeing that our next class is in the same room.

It wasn't until the room seemed empty when he speaks.

"You know," Axel begins and I jump slightly surprised by his deep raspy voice, not familiar with it, "I always thought that if there was something wrong or you were hurt you would call. A part of me so desperately thought you secretly trusted me."

I don't bother looking at him, "I don't know where you would get that idea."

He is quiet for a moment before finally saying, "What happened?"

I shake my head, "Nothing."

"Blaze!" He practically yells, "tell me what the fuck happened right now dammit!"

Knowing this conversation will lead us nowhere I stand up to leave, but a hand reaches out and grabs my wrist and I resist the urge to shudder from the warmth.