Our Girl (Axel POV)

Chapter

Axel

"Lunch detention?!" Hazel snaps and I look over at the corner of the table where Mo had swept her away.

Obviously, she wanted a private conversation, but Hazel doesn't do quiet.
Mo glances over at us, as we all are listening now.

"Look, I don't know why," Mo whispers failing miserably at keeping us out of the conversation, "she just said that Mr. William's has been an ass lately and keeps giving her lunch detention."

We haven't seen her since the football game where she suddenly disappeared with Mo.
I have been somewhat pleased though because I still got the video of her screaming my name, but it's just not the same as teasing her in person.

"For a week?!" Hazel yells and Mo signs obviously getting annoyed, "That still doesn't explain why she won't come to art class."

"Or why when she does rarely come to class, she only sits next to Mo and leave before talking to anyone," Jax adds.

"Or why she won't answer my texts," Mason chimes in and I scuff.

Like she would do that anyways. I can at least say she isn't the type of girl to let Mason play her.

I pause at the thought, then again is that all I can really say about her? I don't know her as well as I pretend too. I wanted to get under her skin and it had worked but besides the little layer she let me peel away at, she is still a complete mystery to me.

I don't know her... Well besides the fact she's a smart ass, secretive, competitive, makes mysterious look sexy, a fucking tease-

"Mo what's really going on?" Jackson asks thankfully pulling me away from my thoughts. She has been occupying my mind too often lately. It's not like I haven't felt her absence in the group either.

Maybe she listened to me and decided to stay away from them.
"Please," Hazel whimpers grabbing Mo's arm and I feel a stab of guilt.

If, for once in her goddamn life, she did listen to someone and stayed away. Then it is my fault Hazel looks like some kicked puppy, therefore Jax is miserable. Plus why Mason has been going through girls saying he's looking for one that wouldn't fall for his shit.

Then again, I haven't asked her to stay away lately, if anything I drag her into everything. Trying to get a peek at whatever she is hiding, maybe that's what drove her away.
I was getting close.

"Guys," Mo whispers now facing us and I can see the hesitation written all over her, but she speaks clearly, "I'm sorry. This is for the best."

Mason is the first to call BS, "How the hell is her dumping us for the best?" He snaps his eyebrows furrowed together obviously confused and annoyed.

I watch as a sad, sympathetic smile stretches across her lips as she says her final words, "because she needs this, and not you."

Hazel drops her hand like it weighed 100 pounds, as Mo slips away probably headed to where ever Blaze really was.

I watch silently as Jax pulls Hazel down into her chair as she seems stunned. I will never understand why he doesn't just fucking tell her. Why the both go through this torment.