Mommy's Home

Chapter 28

My mind swims, feeling the waving of movement as if I were on a boat. But as my conscious rises to the surface, I know it is simple the drugs weighing me down.

Moving my tongue feels like sandpaper and mouth taste like cotton balls. My limbs feel heavy and I recognize the haze immediately. Chloroform.

Despite my mind and body fighting off the drug, I managed a muffled shout.

"This is such a cliche!" My words are slurred and my head swings around as I try to look at my surroundings.

The cold dark room echoes back the faint sound of the slurred round of yelling. Fuck I can't believe I fell for it. Mo of all people, but the more I think about it the more it doesn't make sense. She was so normal when I met her. Quiet and shy but had a mouth that knew how to make you rethink your entire life. It wasn't even until recently that she was starting to act evasively.

She never gave anything away, no clue or hint to make me doubt her. "I'm so sorry Blaze." her desperate apology eats at me. My Aunt must have gotten to her, I don't know when or how, but I know Mo and she wouldn't do this. Not unless she had too.

Axel's father's questions suddenly hit be full frontal. I truly did not know much about Mo or Eric, but Axel did. He must know something that had him so guarded around them and also why he wasn't surprised by his father's accusations of his 'friends.'

Fuck that bitch of an Aunt she plays so dirty and now she's got me. I know she wants to kill me. So what's stopping her? Why am I tied down to a chair and not being scooped out of a river?

I flinch at my own imagery, unwilling to admit this is the end. It can't be. Not after I found...

God, I hope he is alright.

I wonder if he is upset or worse if he is angry. I know about his temper, he tries to keep it hidden and doesn't often act out of anger. Once he told me he didn't like how angry he got because it reminded him of his father.

Is he looking for me? My mind briefly doubts he is, his father might have convinced him that I am not worth it. But then as I fight off the last of the drug haze I recall how his arms felt, how he smiled at me. He wouldn't leave me. He was going to come for me.

Realization hit me. He was going to come for me to put his life at risk. I had to get out of here before he could even find me before he could get hurt sticking his nose into my past.

Eric and Mo are enemies, that much I know for now. So if either of them shows up I play pretend, surprised by their betrayal. Play dumb until they leave their guard down long enough for me to have the upper hand.

As I search the darkroom for an exit my mind races with one thought: I am not the type to wait around and be saved, not Snow Blaze White.

_________________________________________________________________

Axel

"Axel," John says as I begin to calm down.

I snort at the thought. Calm. Like fucking hell, I am anywhere near calm. I am livid.  I am lethal. I am explosive. I am goddamn desperate.
And I hate it. I hate feeling like this.

"She is starting to regain consciousness," a voice from across the room informs and I grunt in response heading to Hazel's bedroom.

I haven't called the others to tell them anything, but from what I hear dad has round the clock eyes on their hotel. They are blissfully ignorant and I need it to stay that way. I do not need more on my plate right now.