I Don't Need a Ride

Chapter 8

I sign dramatically and wrap my arms around myself realizing I was still wearing practically nothing in this freezing weather.

"Weren't you supposed to be in the cab?" Someone asks and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah but someone had to get your drunk friends home," I stay turning towards Axel as he leans against a slick black mustang, "What was that about me being a threat? The one who called the cab and paid for it?"

"Right. Paid with 2 hundred dollar bills that you just happened to have on you. How did you get your hands on cash like that?" He snaps back.

"Thats not a question to ask when you want to get on someone's good side," I say with sarcastic tone.

"Why the fuck would I want to get one your good side?"

"Because I got them home, you didn't."

He was silent for a while so I took it as my victory and began to walk away towards a street might have know.

"You can't be trying to walk," he says and I don't bother stopping before flicking him off behind me.

"That's non of your goddamn business," I announce still not looking towards him. Honestly I want to hit him, like not even kidding. I don't care if he's hot or popular he needs to get his head out of his ass. I'm not trying to fuck up his little system! I'm just enjoying the short time I have here, emphasize on short.

Suddenly there is a load roar of an engine and I assume he is running away with his tail between his legs but then his nice car swings in front of me smoothly and skilled. I let out a small squeak of surprise before he opens his door and shouts at me.

"Get in," he commands. Not offers. Not suggests or asks. Commands.

"Should you be offering Kayla rides," I say annoyed, "since your her favorite little henchman."

He moves around the car so quick I barely saw him and suddenly he is in my face. I suck in a breath as he holds my arm to keep me in my place. His eyes are burning with anger and something else and his grip on my arm is almost scolding. Can you feel someone's anger through a touch? Is that possible?

"Let's get one thing straight right now," he says, "I. Do. Not. Take orders. From anyone. Ever. And the Webb twins are the scum of the earth."

"That's not what you were saying earlier," I snap trying to step back but having to much pride to let him get the final word.

He pulls me closer to our chests were practically touching, "Because I wanted you away from them."

Them meaning his friends. His not mine.

"Tell them that," I hiss as we stare each other down.

Finally he groans before dragging me to his car, "get in. I'm driving you home."

He said It as a command, there was no room to argue, though I wanted to. But it has been a long night and I don't have the energy to turn down a free ride home.

So I settle with complaints under my breath as I eat into the passenger seat.

The drive was silent with the expecting of me giving him the occasional directions to the apartment complex across the street from mine. I would not let him find it where I lived.

Once parked outside I wait a second to see if he will say anything. Maybe a thank you or a sorry for being a raging asshole. Literally anything will work, but just as I expected there is only more silence.

"Yeah no need to fucking thank me or anything," I hiss and reach for the door but a long arm reaches over me and grabs my hand as I almost open the door.