I'm Done

Chapter 24

Axel POV

Reluctantly I pull away from the gorgeous girl in my arms, already missing her warm lips. Pressing my forehead to hers I know she sees my pained face, it is blatantly obvious that I don't want to pull away. Instead, I want to carry her to my room, want to finish what we started, want to finally get a taste of her, get to feel her naked flesh.

I sigh loudly before pulling he head back to get a better look at her smiling face. She thinks it's funny how badly I want to lock us upstairs, that it's funny I have a permanent hard-on when it involves her.

"I gotta tell Jax that our dad is coming," I mumbled trying to distract myself from temptation.

Her smile drops and she runs her hands up and down my chest soothingly, unaware that she is like a Siren and I am so willing to get trapped by her. I already am.

"I know," she pauses, "What do you think he will say?"

I shrug my tired shoulders, "Who knows they barely talked before. It was always me dealing with dad while Jax and mom get to ignore the problems," I explain distracting myself with some strands of her hair. Twirling it around my finger and watching it drop back down pin straight.

Suddenly we hear a door snap open and then another slam shut. My head snaps in the direction of the hallway that has Hazel and Jax's rooms. Quickly, with Blaze right behind me, I make my way over just in time to see Jax bursting out of his room shouting, "Hazel!" Before opening her bedroom door and standing in the door frame watching something.

Slowly he enters the room and I can hear the soft sounds of crying. Knowing what is going to happen I grab Blaze before she can barge into her room and ruin whatever talking they need to have.

"Let me go," Blaze hisses, but I shake my head.

"No, they need this," I insist.

"No, my best friend in crying I need to help her!" She says a little louder, but I slap my hand across her mouth.

"Trust me," I breath out and watch as her eye bulge at my actions before mumbling some insult into my hand then nodding and I couldn't help but to smile as she did so. I kissed her nose and slowly we both creep closer to the room.

"I can't do this now Hazel!" Jax shouts trying to hold her but Hazel wipes away a few tears and shakes off his hands.

"Why not? What more do we have to lose? Look at Blaze and Axel, they have everything fighting against them, but they are still trying!" she snaps angrily and I wince knowing that Hazel angry means Hazel doesn't hold back. She throws the truth at you, even if you are not ready to hear it.

I feel Blaze squeeze my hand that is still holding her close, and I smile. We do have everything against us, but as long as I have her, I don't care.

"Hazel," he says with sternness I've never heard before.

My brother never was stern with my mother or my father or even me. He was the silent type and only put in just enough effort to pass through life, I could never tell what he wanted or what he was told to want. He was caring and a good friend but when it came to his own life... it was like he didn't want to get hurt so he kept everything that could mean something to him at arm's length.

I blame our father, who would break things and people right in front of us. Jax never wanted to do that, he never wanted to be that. So, he ran from that side of himself.

"I'm done Jax, I'm done running from this," Hazel says back pulling me from my own memories.

"We aren't running, we are waiting," Jax insists and I catch a hint of desperation- of a plead. He is almost begging Hazel not to tip the scale.