2

Jaden's mother →

~ Kris ~

I pressed my lips to Corbyn's warm ones. We were on my bed, and I was propped up against the pillows while he straddled me.

"Mm," he moaned, his kiss traveling down to my jaw.

"Jesus, guys, all you do is make out," Brooklyn complained. My boyfriend and I separated from each other to look at our friend who was watching the mounted smart TV in my room.

"If it bothers you so much, stop looking," Corbyn responded, an ever-present sassiness to his attitude. "It's not like we asked you to third wheel."

"Now, Corb, be nice," I said to him.

"What? She's supposed to be at cheer practice anyway," he whispered, but Brooklyn clearly heard him.

"I'm not at practice because coach isn't here today and I'm so not in the mood to deal with the girls. I have to teach the newbies a few routines before the football game. God, those talentless little weasels." She tossed her sun kissed blonde hair over her shoulder.

"Shouldn't be too hard. After all, cheerleading is just waving pom-poms, kicking your legs up high, and screaming at the top of your lungs." Corbyn got off of my body, facing Brooklyn and flashing her a bright smile. "Kinda like having sex minus the pom poms."

"Hey. Just because we make cheer look easy doesn't mean it is. There are a lot of broken bones involved."

"Okay, but acting is way more challenging. You're not just conveying a message through your emotions and body language but you have to make the viewers feel what you feel. They have to feel what you're faking. So yeah, I still think you're wasting your time in cheer."

"Guys," I butted in. "You two have this argument all the time. I don't think either of you is changing your mind anytime soon."

Brooklyn pointed at me. "Corb's slowly tryna pull you away from football and into the drama club. Especially with this new play."

"I don't see a reason I can't do both." I winked at my boyfriend and he smirked at me.

"Well, I never said football was a waste, now did I? I just think you have a future in acting. And speaking of the play, I'm gonna have the less gifted members of the club put up the flyers and sign-up sheets. I'm totally getting the lead."

I wrapped an arm around his waist, kissing his cheek. "You realize that you're not the casting director as much as you'd like to be and this isn't a one-man play."

"I'm the star of the drama program. Who else would get the role of love interest beside me?"

Brooklyn chuckled, a taunt in her voice. "Someone could be way better," she sang.

"If that's the case, though I highly doubt it..." Corbyn's eyebrows fell into a scowl, his modelesque face set tight. "I'll squash him like the bug he is. When I told Tiana to write the play, I made sure that she was envisioning me for the part. The role is mine and the thought of someone else kissing my boyfriend's lips is laughable."

"What exactly are you getting out of this?" I had to ask.

"A chance to share the stage with the boy of my dreams, Kris. That's you. This is our school's first gay play--you know what this means to me."

I held him closer. "I know your dad wasn't particularly open to the idea of you coming out and I know how hard it was for you. So are you really doing this to prove a point to him?"

Corbyn swallowed, his gaze falling to the bed. "Well, hopefully, it proves a point to all the homophobic bitches who call themselves parents," he responded bitterly, a fiendish smile on his face.