35

Dedicated to @annaboo168

This is a serious author's note.

So usually when I fail to update for so long, it's almost always because of writer's block. And I'm finding it extremely difficult to get past this chapter and I finally know why.

The Homecoming game scene! I know nothing about football guys. In fact, I hate it. I'd planned to write out the scene of Jaden supporting Kris with his friends, but I'm stuck.

I'm sorry if this makes me seem like a quitter. For that reason though, I'll be skipping over the game scene so that I can continue on with my LIFE SIS. *cries* I may come back to add the football scene to this chapter, but you guys deserve an update.

Yes, so please understand. I'll power through this chapter but the next ones should come easy because shit is about to get very real. Thank you!

Also, I may be breaking this book up into two parts :)

~Corbyn~

"Sing for me."

I scoffed playfully at Nico's request as I strolled down the aisle of the large, dimly lit theater room.

"You do realize there's an important game happening at this moment. It's Homecoming, Nico; I need to be out there." I finally approached him where he was, sitting on the edge of the stage while swinging his legs alternately. "Besides, I sang the anthem."

"Fuck the anthem," he spat with a smirk before pointing at the microphone resting on a stand in the center of the stage. "I know you can't resist. So which will it be? Barbara? Whitney? Lin-Manuel Miranda?"

I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face, rolling my eyes to the ceiling. But the room was so vast, it seemed there was no roof at all. "You know my idols."

"Of course I do." He pulled out his phone suddenly and took a quick picture of me.

"Hey!" I protested with wide, surprised eyes.

"It'll last longer!" He explained, making me laugh. "I'm serious. You don't smile like that often enough. You're so beautiful."

I averted my eyes. "Stop," I pleaded, feeling an uncomfortable blush. I just wanted to hide. I was Corbyn Starr; I didn't blush. I walked over to sit next to him with a sigh.

"Okay, so that note I found in my locker was just you trying to ask me to sing?"

"Kind of. I wish your dad knew how talented you are, you know. Ever since you told me about wanting him to come to the play because he doubts you..."

"You don't need to worry about him, Nico. He won't be underestimating me any longer, trust me."

"What makes you say that?"

I just smiled, reaching out to stroke his cheek with my thumb. "Forget him. No need to waste our time with that." I let him go as he faced me curiously.

"So are you throwing any iconic parties this month? I'd like to be invited this time if you are."

"No, I'm not." I smiled, blinking softly. "I just... I might try to keep my head just a tad bit lower for the rest of the year."

"You? Low profile?" He snickered in disbelief.

"I'm serious! I'm tired, Nico. Of everything, everyone. Except you, obviously."

He interlocked our fingers, resting our hands on his lap. I laid my head against his shoulder. "I wanna go to your house," I quietly wished.

"It's not much of a house, are you sure?" He chuckled.