8

Jaden →

Song ( I Have Nothing, Whitney Houston )

⚡⚡

"And what is this?" Kris acted his part on stage. He was allowed to read from the script considering that everyone who was auditioning as Jaxxon was granted the liberty to choose from any scene.

No one had dared to pick scene 1 of this act for a very good reason. It included the first kiss scene, but it came as no surprise when Corbyn picked it.

Awesome. I had to watch the love of my life swap spit with the devil himself. I think I vomited in my mouth again. "I should've chosen that scene," I grumbled.

"And screw up your chance of getting the role? It's best you play it safe."

"Me auditioning is already dangerous. Who cares what scene I choose, Corbyn will still make me miserable regardless. I might as well have just stolen my one chance to kiss Kris."

"I doubt he'd kiss you back though," Kari put in her own two cents.

"Oh, keep eating your dirty skittles." I returned my attention to the stage as Corbyn responded to Kris's line, his delivery as spot-on and sensational as ever.

"Behold, 'tis a key. I crafted it myself. It took me weeks... I want you to have it." He placed an imaginary key in his boyfriend's palm and closed his hand, holding the hand to his chest. I had the script in my own hands following along.

He was so good. And I was so freaking jealous.

"The key is a symbol," he continued. "Now you possess the key to my heart."

Kris chuckled, as it said in the narrative.

"What? Does it come silly to you, my lord?"

"No, no. Not at all. I find that of all the gifts I have been given- expensive jewels, elegant garments, silver, gilded accessories, and fine paintings... this key holds more worth than they."

Corbyn smiled softly while they stared into each other's eyes. My heart pounded as they drew closer and closer, and I almost couldn't watch. My eyes remained peeled nonetheless, glued on the couple as their lips connected tenderly.

I cursed in my head. He didn't know how lucky he was.

"Wow, he went for it," Mae commented quietly. I watched as they pulled away slowly, a triumphant smile appearing on Corbyn's face.

"Now for my song."

"Okay," Mr. Price said, clearing his throat. It was safe to say that everyone in the room was recovering from the kiss. "Kris, please, give him the stage."

"I can't listen to this. I'm gonna go practice my lines and a song." I stood up and rushed out of the auditorium as silently as I could. The hallway was empty since it was after school, and the silence was soon filled with the sound of Corbyn's incredible voice.

Yay.

I sighed, staring down at the script and flipping to my scene. I read over the lines, but they flew right over my head each time. I stomped the floor in frustration and groaned, throwing my head back.

"Ah, you came out here to have a secret orgasm?"

I rolled my eyes. "Not now, Kari." I turned around to look at her. "What's up with you and orgasms anyway?"

"Hey. I'm allowed to have my perversions. Skittles, for example, are the kind of candy I want to be eaten off my left inverted nipple."

"That's gross."