Witness Protectio

AN-Alright guys this is the newest chapter. I really like this one, and the ones that will follow are the same. Enjoy it.

   Finnick walked into the building that he called home late at Night. When Nick became a cop, Finnick decided he should change his ways also. This led to him opening up an auto shop and garage.
   The small fox would work long hours to make his money and was even able to hire some mammals. Nick and Judy were proud of him and he was proud of himself.
   However, tonight would not be fun. As Finnick walked into the apartment and shut the door. The fox then walked to his fridge to get a beer to calm his nerves of the day.
   However, when he opened the fridge, his milk jug exploded due to a bullet that went right by his head.
   Finnick had felt with shooter before. However, this was unexpected so much that he had legit fear for his life. The fox got on the ground and took cover.
   The fox needed help. So he called the one person in his life he would trust.
###
   "Carrots, I am telling you, Star Wars is WAY better than Star Trek," Nick said with a smirk.
   "And IM saying that your wrong. That's just like saying Marvel is better than D.C."
   "Marvel IS better than D.C.!"
   Judy shook her head,"How am I still with you?"
   "Because in the end, out nerdy obsessions don't matter," Nick laughed and Judy joined him.
   Nick then heard something, His phone was ringing.
   "One second Carrots," Nick looked at the screen,"Its Finnick," Nick said in confusion.
   The fox answered the call,"Hello?"
   "Nick I need your help!"
   "What going o-" Nick was cut off by the sound of a gunshot,"I'm on my way!" Nick yelled.
   "Carrots call the ZPD," Nick said,"Finnick is being attacked. Shots fired!"
   Nick then ran out the apartment and to his car. He needed to hurry to save his friend. Well, more like brother.
   That's how long the two had known eachother. Nick thought of Finnick as family. The brother he never had. He had to get to him.
###
   Another shot came into the apartment when Nick hung up the phone. Finnick crawled to his bedroom and reached inside to nightstand. He finally found what he was looking for. His pistol.
   The fox hurried to the kitchen and tried to see the shooter. He saw him. Finnick slammed back down to the ground with his gun in hand.
   Another shot went into the apartment. After the shot, Finnick shot his gun. However he missed.
   Finnick got up for one more shot, but this time the shooter didn't miss the fox. Finnick fell to the ground with a bulletin his chest. It hurt like hell. Finnick hadn't had to worry about being shot before. However, the feeling of it was worse than what he imagined it was.
   Was this how he died. Shot by a shooter he knew. Someone he once knew as a friend.
   It was then that Finnick heard the police sirens.
   "Thank you, god," Finnick whispered.
   The door was locked in to reveal Nick. He got to the apartment first. Nick saw his friend on the ground and his ears fell,"Finnick?!"
   "Where's the cops?" The fox groaned.
   "They're coming, bud. Just stay still."
   Nick was scared and Finnick saw it.
   "Hey, Now. Don't start crying. I'm going to be fine."
   "Did you see the shooter?"
   "Yes, but I must warn you. You are not going to like it."
   "I already don't like it."
   "It's one of Monty's guys," Finnick sighed.
   Nick eyes were filled with fire as an officer came into the apartment.
   "Anyone here!"
   "I'm in here, Fangmire!"
   "Wilde?"
   "No the president. We need medics he's been hit!"
   The wolf nodded his head when he saw Finnick and radioed it in.
   "Finnick. We are going to help. Just be chill."
   Finnick nodded his head in pain,"Hey. At least they think I'm dead."
   Nick left the scene and saw Judy by their police car.
   "Is he ok?" Judy asked.
   "He got hit in the chest but he seems responsive."
   "Thank goodness. Are you ok?"
   Nick looked down and shook his head,"No. However, we have a subject. The bad news is we need to find him."
   "Ok. Let's go talk to the chief."
   Nick got in the passenger seat of the car and put his hand on his head.
###
   "Ok. The suspect name is unknown but he always went by Monty. Me and Finn  count work with him when we hustling. He was a really good friend of ours. I don't know why he attacked Finnick," Nick told the chief.
   "What else can you tell us?" Bogo asked.
   "He's a cheetah. Didn't get along with cops. He also has a lot of mammals that do his dirty work for him. The shooter was one of his guys. But when they find out that their target is still alive, which they will, they will come back to finish the job. No matter what they have to do. We need to protect Finnick," Nick said.
   "Ok. Sense you know about our suspect you and Hopps will be on this case. Meaning you are responsible for his protection. As of now he is a witness so he will be put under witness protection. I'll call in the Feds to tell them about this," Bogo said.
   "Yessir chief. We know a safe place for him to go,"Nick said looking to Judy.
   "What? Your joking!" Judy said.
   "They would never think to look for him there," Nick said.
   Judy knew Nick was right. Finnick was her friend too and they needed to protect him.
   "Ok. I'll call dad," Judy and Nick then left to chiefs office.
   "You call your parents. I'm going to talk to Finnick," Nick said.
   "Ok, Nick. Be careful."
   "I will," Nick said giving Judy a kiss before leaving the ZPD.
###
   Finnick woke up to see Nick standing by his hospital bed.
   "Hey," Finnick said in his gruff voice that would surprise any mammal.
   "How you doin?"
   "Could be better," Finnick said motioning to the gunshot wound.
   "Ok. We're going to do everything in our power to find Monty, Fin. Which one of his guys shot you?"
   "Jasper," Finnick replied.
   Nick nodded his head. Jasper was one of the many hitman Monty had.
   The fox wrote down the information and said,"Why would Monty want to kill you?"
   Finnick closed his eyes like he was cursing to himself,"About a week ago he came to my shop. He wanted me to do a job for him, but I refused. He asked me to smuggle a large amount of drugs passed the state line. We got into an argument about it and one of my working threw him out of the shop. Monty said that I was going to pay for stabbing him in the back. I didn't know he would go this far."
   Nick wrote down the information and said,"Ok. Finnick, as of now you are under the witness protection program. We have a safe place for you to go, and till all this is worked out you will not exist to the public."
   Finnick nodded his head. It didn't surprise him that this day would come. You don't change your ways and not have bad people after you. They didn't mess with Nick because of him being a cop.
   "So where am I going?"
   "You will be staying with Judy's parents. They have enough room for you in their house and it's somewhere Monty would never think to look. Just for further information, where was the load of drugs going?"
   "Stanza," Finnick replied.(Made up place)
   Nick also wrote down this information,"ok. When you are able to get out of here me and Judy will take you to BunnyBurrow. I'll go ahead and pack your bags."
   "Thanks, Nick," Finnick said.
   Nick nodded his head,"You're like a brother to me Fin. That's why I'm here now."
   Nick walked out of the hospital room where he saw Judy waiting for him.
   "How's he doing?"
   "He's gonna live. I also have information on what happened."
   "Good. Let's go ahead and get him ready for the move."
   Nick nodded his head and the two went to the ZPD to sign out and drove to Finnicks apartment.
###
   Finnick was out of the hospital three days later. Luckily the bullet didn't his any important arteries.
   He entered the cop car as Judy kept watch that no one was watching. They were unseen by any mammal and the three started their drive to BunnyBurrow.
   "So, are your parents ok with me staying?"
   "Yeah. Mom and Dad were happy to help, surprisingly."
   "I bet Terry and him will get along," Nick laughed.
   "Nick, everyone with I mind like you gets along with Terry. Those are the only kind of people who can stand him."
   Nick just nodded his head. They had a good three hour drive ahead of them.
###
   "Mom. Judy's here," Susan said as the cop car pulled into the driveway.
   Bonnie came out of the kitchen and looked out the window herself.
   "Ok. Did Amber and Kyle clear out the room?"
   "Yeah."
   Bonnie exited the house and walked to the car where Nick, Judy, and Finnick stepped out of the car.
   "Hey you two," Bonnie said,"Stu's in the fields right now, but he should be back soon."
   "Ok mom. So this is Finnick. He'll be here till this case is settled," Judy said.
   "Hey there, Finnick," Bonnie smiled. We got a room ready in the house. Judy, it will be the room you and Nick stay in when your here."
   "I hope you cleaned the sheets well," Finnick laughed causing Judy and Nick to stare at him.
   "Fin! We don't do that here!"
   Bonnie caught the joke and started to laugh.
   Nick and Finnick went on into the house and put the fox's bags in the room.
   "Ok, Fin. I guess we'll see you soon," Nick said shaking his friends paw.
   "Alright. You just work on catching the ducker who got me in this mess."
   Nick nodded his head walked out the door.
   Finnick took this time to unpack. He already knew he would be here for a while.
###
   "Well, Bonnie, thanks a lot for this help."
   "Oh it's no problem, Nick. Whenever you need us we will always be here."
   Nick nodded his head and he and Judy got back into the car to drive back to Zootopia.

AN-So there it is. I really loved it and I think I'm going to write a story about Finnicks stay at the Hopps house. I'll work on it when I finish with the case, just to give this story a break.
                                                Toodles