Anxiety Pt. 2

AN-So, the last chapter left you pretty hard. I'm sorry for that. Just growing suspense. Here is part two of this chapter.
Enjoy.

   Nick sat in the waiting room of the hospital trembling. So any thoughts in his head.
   Will Judy be ok?
   Are the kids ok?
   Can HE recover is the worst case senario comes?
   Nick wasn't ready to let her go. He couldn't let her go. Not now. Not ever.
   He still loved her the same way he did almost three years ago.

*FLASHBACK*
   Judy sat on her bed next to Nick and said,"Nick. We have to talk."
   "What about carrots?"
   "Nick. I need you to be serious. No jokes. No games. Be honest with me."
   Nick saw how serious Judy was and Nick knew he had be the same,"I promise, Carrots."
   "Do you..love me?"
   Nick was surprised by the question. Of course he had planned to confess his feeling to her anyway, but didn't think Judy was be the one to take over on the subject. Finally he answered,"Yes, Judy. I do. I've loved you for the longest time and feared that you wouldn't feel the same way. Your just so amazing and kind and beautiful. I can't imagine my life without you and-" Nick was cut off my Judy pressing her lips against his.

   The memory caused Nick to smile a little. The love felt between the two. The nervousness the fox felt. The first kiss. It was one of his greatest memories.
   "She'll be ok, Nick," the fox said to himself trying to calm his anxiety.
###
   Nick didn't even realize he had fallen asleep till he felt a soft nudge on his shoulder that caused him to jump up fast.
   The fox looked t see Bonnie, Stu, Terry, and Finnick,"How is she doing?" Bonnie asked.
   Nick rub his face to wake himself up,"I don't know yet."
   "What happened?" Terry said.
   "There..there was a..shooting in the Zoomart. Judy..the there red to get away...she was..," Nick could finish, but everyone knew what happened.
   "I hope she'll be ok," Bonnie said through tears.
   Stu held him crying wife in his arms,"She's strong, Bon. She'll be ok."
   Terry sat next to Nick and put an arm around him,"How you holding up?"
   Nick put his head down,"How well can I be doing?"
   Terry nodded his jead,"I understand that your not feeling very well at the moment, but the least you can do is stay strong. For Judy."
   Nick nodded his head slowly and got up,"I gotta go make a call. I'll be back soon."
   Everyone nodded their head as Nick walked down the hallway. The phone call he had to make didn't need a phne, however.
   Nick found the room he was looking for when he read the sign.
                    Prayer Room
  Nick entered it and sat down on one of the wooden chairs. Staring at the cross on the wall. Nick then began to speak,"Lord, we made a promise together that you would take care of my family and keep it safe. In return I promised to live for you. I've been doing that God. I've been living for you. Where is your end of the deal? I can't lose her. Don't take her from me. You know as well as I do that I cannot make it without Judy. We both wanted kits and now your telling me that, along with Jidy, I can lose them too? Don't let that happen. I don't want to let her go. I'm not ready."
   Nick had so much more he wanted to say, but the thoughts in his jead and the tears that now started to grow in his eyes stopped him from saying anything.

*FLASHBACK*
     He was nervous. He could probably hear his heart from a mile away. Finally, Nick got the nerve to walk up to the stage.
   "Hey everyone. I can't lie, I'm nervous. I look around and I see these expecting faces that I don't want to let down so I guess I can't get out of this. As most of you know, me and Officer Hopps have been dating for a long time now. And in order for me to go on I need her to come up here with me."
   Judy was confused as to what was happening started to walked toward the stage with Nick.
   The fox took another shaky breath before reaching in his pocket and pulling out a piece of paper.
   "Judy, for the longest time I was alone. I had no one and didn't think I did need anyone. Then out of no where you came into my life and changed all of that. I now see that I could never get by without you. We've been dating for a while and I still find myself falling more in love with you everyday. I never thought I could be happier than what you have made me, but I was wrong. There is one way you could make me happier," Nick then took out the box and got down on his knee,"Judith Hopps. Will you please do me the homer of being your husband and marry me?"
   Judy thought she was crying out a river. Her heart was melting and she was trying to calm down so she could give Nick her answer. She saw was impossible so choked out the word,"Yes."
   She grabbed Nicks neck and held him tight.
   "I'll gladly marry you."
*END OF FLASHBACK K*
###
   Nick finally exited the hospitals prayer Room wiping tears from his eyes. Hoping. Praying. For a miracle.
   Nick found himself back in the waiting room where he sat next to Finnick.
   "Have you heard anything?" Nick asked.
   Bonnie just shook her head.
   A few minutes later a doctor came in,"Nick Wilde?"
   Nick quickly got up and went to the doctor, followed by Bonnie and Stu.
   "How is she?" Nick quickly asked.
   "It's hard to say. As of now, she and her kits are stable. But Judy is in a coma. Unless she flatlines, there should be no risk of harm to the kits or herself. The bullet wound did quite a number on her."
   "Can I see her?" Nick asked.
   The doctor nodded his head and led the fox and two bunnies to Judy's room. What Nick saw hurt him.
   There she was, the love of his life, laying in a hospital bed unresponsive. Wires all over her, keeping track of the bunny's vital signs.
   "I'll give you se time alone," the doctor said walking out.
   Nick acted as though the doctor said nothing as he looked at his wife.
   Nick didn't think his day could get worse. However, once again he was wrong.

AN-Alright, so Judy is stable at the moment. I'm sorry that I cut off the chapter again, but I try not to pass the 1200 word count. Will Judy pull through? Who knows. Oh, wait, I do. I hold Judy's life in the palm of my hand. Shall I let her live or die?My decision. You'll find out in the next chapter.
                                     Toodles