Chapter 1

Come on Maya, you can do this. Just carry your books and go to class. It's not that hard. Or at least it shouldn't be.

Maya shut her locker and turned to see once again the face of the one and only Riley Matthews. The school's biggest bully. Well, Maya's biggest bully. Maya dropped her books on the floor, she was so startled.

"Well, look it's the klutz, Maya Hart!" She kicked her geography book across the hallway.

"Can you chill with that, Matthews? I'm having a really crappy day today and I just don't need this right now."

Riley laughed and kicked Maya in the gut as she bent down to pick up her books.

"Nice try, Hart. Just because the slut had a crappy day doesn't mean I'm gonna give you a break." With that she chuckled and strut away.

Maya got all of her books together, and walked to her class. The class she hated most. The class where she sat next to Riley. When she sat down in her seat, she put her head down on the table so she didn't have to look at Riley smirking at her.

She does this every class. But the weird thing about Maya is that she doesn't hate Riley, nor is she afraid of her. She just tries to avoid her as much as she can to not cause any drama. But Riley has never stopped trying to get Maya to hate her and fear her. The whole school absolutely fears Riley Matthews. Except Maya Hart.

That really irks Riley. A hell of a lot.

When the bell rang, Maya swept her books from her desk and speed walked out of the classroom. She avoided Riley really well, and made it home.

That's when the real hell of Maya's life broke loose.