Chapter 2

Maya walked into her god forsaken house and sat down and started to cry on the couch. She lifted up her shirt and saw a big bruise from where Riley kicked her.

She heard her dad walking down the stairs and she quickly wiped her tears from her eyes. But not quickly enough.

"What're you crying about? My life is far worse than yours, you ungrateful bitch. Now go get me a beer, why don't you?"

And he walked into the living room and sat down right next to her. Maya got up and followed his orders, but when she got back he threw the bottle at her feet.

"This wasn't the one I wanted, idiot. Ah, whatever. Just go upstairs I'll get it myself." And he walked by her forcefully hitting her shoulder with his. Maya walked upstairs, holding in her tears. She fell into her old, small bed she's had since she was 12, and began to cry into her pillow.

Why did her life have to be like this? What did she do to deserve all of this torment?

Maya flipped through her notebook and just looked at her songs she wrote to ease her pain. She wasn't going to hurt herself anymore. She swore it. She flipped through the songs and thought about Riley.

She loved Riley and she didn't know why the hell she did.

She smiled to herself at the thought of her being Riley's girlfriend. Being able to change Riley for the better and for Riley to help fix her. But then her face hardened at the thought of how Riley would never love her the way Maya does. She slammed the book closed and threw it across her bedroom. She lay down to sleep and soon it was morning.

When Maya got ready for school the next morning, she wore ripped jeans, a white t shirt and a red flannel. She walked down the stairs with her books and sighed in relief when she didn't see her father.

No. Maya does not have a backpack because she is too poor to buy one.

Maya walked to school and to her locker when she saw Riley standing in front of it.

"Hey Hart! Your little friends have been blabbing a little too much recently. I wanna talk to you after school today. And be there or you'll regret it, bitch."

With that, Riley strut away and left Maya speechless.

What friends? Last time she checked nobody even knew her first name. Except Riley.

Maya got through the whole day and Riley didn't say one word to her. She was a little confused and kind of sad. She kind of enjoyed her little interactions with Riley, even if they were just her punching her and calling her a bitch, slut, idiot, etc.

When she walked outside of the school looking for Riley, she saw her, and walked over.

Jesus help me control my hormones right now.