Chapter 8

"Riley..." Maya said weakly as Riley was sucking her neck.

Riley didn't stop until Maya pulled away. "What's wrong, Maya?" Riley asked. Maya stared into Riley's deep brown eyes, and spoke softly.

"We can't do this, Riley. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this but we both know that your parents- sorry, your mother will kill you if she finds out about our little.... affair." She said all of this looking down.

Riley lifted Maya's head up with the tips of her fingers and kissed her softly. She whispered, "I will never ever leave you, Maya Hart. Not now, not tomorrow, not ever. You can believe that. I don't care what my mother has to say, okay?"

"Okay."

Maya put her clothes back on and walked out of Riley's car and into her own. "Bye Honey." She said with a little chuckle.

"Bye Peaches."

Peaches. Maya liked the sound of that. She turned and ran to Riley for one more kiss and then got into her car. Honey and Peaches. That sounded great to Maya. She was smiling the whole way home, until she remembered her father.

Maya had to be strong. She walked into her house, and her father must have been upstairs. She sat on the couch and checked the time on her phone.

8:47

Wow, Maya felt happiness for 2 whole hours, with the girl who made her feel like a nothing for 2 whole years?

Her stomach growled. Maya hadn't eaten for almost a month now, except for that popcorn she ate with Lucas that night, and she wouldn't be able to get herself to eat now.

She walked upstairs and quickly into her room, and locked the door behind her. She collapsed onto her bed and soon fell asleep. She hadn't slept in a while, but tonight was different.

Maya was happy. This was rare, Maya was never happy. She was always miserable. But tonight she wasn't miserable. She knew tomorrow would be different. No new bruises, no more being pinned against the lockers.

She was looking forward to tomorrow.

Well, until tomorrow actually happened.