Chapter 15

Maya was sitting above the highway, watching as the cars go by under her, her legs dangling from above.

She wasn't going to hurt herself. She just had to think. Think about Riley.

It was 2am and Maya was really tired. She didn't know what to do, or where to go.

________________________________

Riley was running to every street, every house. She had to find Maya, she wouldn't be able to live with herself if Maya was gone.

"Excuse me, have you seen a blonde girl walking around here?"

"It's 2am, girl, leave me alone."

Slam

Riley felt more hopeless than she'd ever had before. She was walking now, not running. She didn't see any reason to anymore.

She saw someone above the highway just sitting there.

"Well it's worth a shot." She muttered under her breath.

Riley sat on the edge with this mysterious person. She was petrified of heights. The person didn't seem to notice her until she said, "Excuse me, have you seen a blonde girl around here?"

The person looked at her, but Riley didn't look back, she was looking down at the cars and trucks going by.

"R-Riley?"

Maya. Maya was the mysterious person. With a gasp, Riley looked up and saw Maya, with tears in her eyes.

"PEACHES!"

Maya gave her a little smile, but the sparkle in her eyes wasn't there.

Riley got off of the edge and onto the road she was just hopelessly wandering on, and took Maya's hand and helped her over with her.

"Maya"-

Before Riley could say anything, Maya pulled Riley into a hug and held her tighter than she ever had before.

"I'm sorry, Riles, I never want to lose you ever again." She said in between sobs.

Riley felt her eyes start to tear up.

"You'll never lose me, I'm right here."

"I love you."

Maya pulled back a little and held Riley's face, so delicately, you could hardly feel her hands.

Maya got on her tiptoes and put her lips on Riley's and kissed her, and Riley kissed back with even more passion.

Maya felt Riley's hands around her waist and Maya wrapped her arms around Riley's neck.

"Maya..." Riley started to say.

"Yes, Honey?" Maya smiled and looked up at Riley's deep brown eyes.

"I kind of sorta ran away from home. My mom...she said things. She said that you would break my heart and that I was just in some phase. I got really mad and"-

Maya hugged Riley once again and just stayed in that position for what felt like a lifetime.

"You would do something like that... for me?" Maya asked with the most adorable voice Riley has ever heard.

"I would do anything for you, I'm sorry about what I said. I don't want to be with anybody else but you. You're my extraordinary relationship, Maya. It's you. It's always been you." She smiled

With that they just stared at each other for a while and Maya got an idea.

"We could just go back to my place, since my dad is, ya know."

Riley nodded and they took Maya's car back to her house.

When they walked in, Maya said, "I apologize for the beer bottles everywhere." Riley chuckled.

Then Maya smirked. "I also apologize that there's only one bed." Riley smiled.

"Apology not accepted... yet." And with that, she lifted Maya over her shoulders up the stairs and placed her on the bed.

"I've been waiting to do this for a long time, Matthews." Maya giggled and un-clipped Riley's bra from under her shirt. Riley did the same to Maya and then Maya flipped Riley over so she was laying on the bed.

Now Maya was on Riley. Riley lifted up Maya's shirt and Maya started to suck on Riley's neck. Riley pulled on Maya's hair which made Maya let out a little groan.

Riley went to lift up her shirt, then pulled it back down. "You're such a tease, Matthews." Maya said in probably the sexiest voice that has ever come out of her mouth.

Then Maya pulled Riley's shirt off, and continued to kiss Riley's neck. Then she went up to Riley's soft lips and went back down, leaving hickeys everywhere.

"I love you, Peaches." Riley managed to say before letting out a small yell.

Soon after, the two girls fell asleep, entangled in each other.

This is what love feels like.

Now Riley knew. Now Maya knew. This is what was destined to be, and when Maya was almost asleep and Riley was asleep, she whispered softly, "You, Riley Matthews, are my extraordinary relationship."

And she fell asleep.