Chapter 12

Maya didn't answer until they got to Riley's house and sat in the bay window.

"Well, ya see..." Maya began to explain why she ended up at the police station.

"My dad, he umm, well he pushed me to the floor and he told me I was worthless because I was gay..."

Riley saw a tear stroll down Maya's cheek. "He read my journal, the part that I wrote about you.... and he called me gay, worthless, he called me a bitch..."

Maya started to cry hard.

"I t-told myself t-to st-stay strong b-but I couldn't, ya know? So I d-drove to the b-bridge and I j-jumped."

Riley gasped, and she pulled Maya close to her, tears were strolling down her face too now.

"Maya I had no idea you felt this way. I'm so sorry."

Maya looked up at Riley, her blue eyes were glassy. "Don't apologize, Riley, this w-was all my f-fault, I just needed it all t-to end." She cried into Riley's lap.

"Maya you're safe now, okay? I won't let anything bad happen to you ever again." Riley cried.

These words must have comforted Maya because her crying reduced to a few sniffles and she sat up again.

"I love you, Riley. I really do. I'm sorry." Maya said softly.

"Don't apologize, Maya Hart. You have nothing to be sorry for." Riley said and she turned Maya's chin to face her. Maya was shaking.

"You're scared, Maya." Riley stated just like in the car that other night. Maya nodded a little, but then she smirked.

"I don't get scared, Matthews." With that, Maya pulled Riley up and threw her onto her bed.

Riley pulled Maya's shirt off and Maya did the same to Riley's shirt. Maya bit her lip when Riley started to suck on her neck.

"I love you, Riley Matthews." She said softly.

"I love you too, Peaches." Riley said and they continued making out. Hard.

knock knock

The two girls shot up in an instant. They were petrified. "Riley, honey, you in there?"

It was Riley's mom. The infamous Topanga Matthews that could do literally anything.

"Umm... Just a minute!" Riley yelled and she gave Maya a look that screamed, get your clothes on!

They got their clothes on right when Topanga walked in. "Why is your hair so messed up? What are you two sweating?" She asked, genuinely confused. "We uh, we're playing a game. That's all. Just a game, Mrs. Matthews."

Maya's lie was believed and Topanga asked Maya, "It's getting late, Maya. Will you be going home soon?" Riley and Maya looked at each other.

"Maya's sleeping over, mom. If that's okay." Riley said.

"That's okay with me. But go to bed soon, okay?" Topanga left the room and Maya sat on Riley's bed with her hands on her knees.

"I forgot. Your mother is... homophobic. We can't... we can't be together."