Chapter 3

"Hey Maya! Get your ass over here, dork!" Riley screamed as Maya was obviously already on her way over. When she got to Riley, she was startled at what she did. Riley shoved her against the lockers and they were face to face with each other.

Maya couldn't contain herself. She didn't know Riley was this strong.

"Alright, you gay piece of crap, you listen here. I heard you have a little something for me and I don't know if this is true or not but if it is, you'd better back off. Because I will never ever date a girl. Especially a girl like you. Got it?"

With that, Riley shoved her further into the lockers and walked away. Maya was in awe. She didn't know what to say. So she just walked home, crying the whole way there.

"Why did I choose Riley to love? She's such a bitch to me yet I love her nonetheless." Maya was talking to herself until she got home and noticed that her father wasn't there. It was Friday so she texted the only kind of friend she had: Lucas.

maya: hey huckleberry, what's up?

lukie: what's wrong, Maya? You never text me unless something is wrong with you.

maya: wow you know me rly well, Luc. It's Riley. I just can't seem to stop liking her.

lukie: she's a bitch, Maya. Just get her out of ur head. She's a waste of valuable time.

maya: I can't stop thinking abt her, tho. I know I need to get her out of my head but...

lukie: I'll help, be over in a few.

maya: what are you gonna do?

Lucas didn't text back after that conversation. Maya heard a knock on the door and it was Lucas Friar. He came in with something in his hand.

"I have the full Star Wars series! We can watch all night, and I'll make popcorn. Just to get your mind off of things." He smiled his friendly little smile and sat on the couch and put the disc into the dvd player.

Maya looked at the door scared. "Lucas my father, he.. he's not the best when I don't have boys over. If he sees you here with me then"-
"Relax, Maya. I totally get it. Let's go to my place. And I know you're gay so I won't try anything on you. Plus, I'm dating Farkle, so, you know."

He smirked and walked out the door and Maya followed. What a good friend Lucas was to Maya. She was lucky that she had him to get her mind off of things.

Off of Riley.

When they got to Lucas' place, he put in the disc and they watched Star Wars and ate popcorn all night. It was fun. Maya didn't think about Riley or what she did all night. Well, most of it.

During the middle of the last movie, Lucas was half asleep, but Maya tapped his shoulder and asked, "What should I do, Lucas? I mean, about you know who. I can't just not like her. I love her, Lucas. I love Riley. I don't know what to do."

Lucas woke up at this and Maya saw his sleepy eyes get serious. He sat up and hugged Maya.

"It'll be okay, Hart. If you really love her, just try to talk to her. Little by little she'll soften up. She'll see the real you. The Maya I see. Okay?" He smiled down and noticed her eyes getting watery.

"Okay, Lucas. I'll try. But if she beats me up I'll beat you up, yeah?" She laughed.

"Whatever, Maya. Go get some rest. I know your dad isn't the best so you can just spend the night here. The guest bedroom is next to mine. Just a little present for you." He smiled and turned off the television.

"Hey wait, I like this part!" She yelled. Lucas laughed and turned the television back on and walked to his room. "Make sure to get to bed soon, Hart!" He yelled from the hallway. Maya smirked and slowly fell asleep on the couch.