Chapter 13

"What? What do you mean? She doesn't need to know, Maya! We can work something out." Riley pleaded with Maya for a long time.

"Riley, I love you. And I want to be able to express that without having to hide it from your own mother! I'm sorry, Riley but I've been through enough shit so until I get assurance that we can be together with no problem, we can be together. I'm sorry."

Maya was about to leave the bay window until Riley said something that shocked her.

"I thought you loved me."

Maya sighed. "I do"-

"No you don't! If you did, you wouldn't care that my mom wouldn't approve! You wouldn't care about anything! If you loved me, you would be rebellious and be with me anyways, Maya! That's the Maya I thought I knew!"

Riley started to cry and Maya ran to Riley and hugged her, but Riley pushed away.

Maya was surprised and sighed. She went out the bay window, and said this before she left,

"I love you, Riley. I'm sorry I'm not the one."

________________________________

knock knock

"Lucas it's me, Maya. Can you open up?"

Lucas opened the door. "Hey Maya what's up? Hey, were-were you crying?"

Maya had tears running down her face and she didn't even realize. She quickly wiped them off. "Oh, oops, umm no I wasn't, I just.... can I stay the night?"

Lucas was confused. "Sorry Maya I wish you could. I'm leaving to Texas for the week to visit my folks. I'm sorry. Why don't you ask Riley?"

Maya looked down at the floor. "We got into a little argument. She said I didn't love her, which is very false, but I tried to tell her, but she.... ah whatever it doesn't matter, I'll just go to Farkle's." Maya ran off.

"Maya wait!" Lucas yelled but there was no use. Maya was off to Farkle's.

________________________________

Riley was crying in her bed when Topanga walked in. "Riley what's wrong, why are you crying? And where's Maya?"

Riley looked at her mom, but all she could say was, "She's gone, she's gone, she's gone."

Topanga was confused. "Honey, are you talking about Maya?"

Honey

Riley looked at her mother, furious. She was so angry.

"This is all your fault! You're the reason why she's gone! If you weren't so homophobic, she would have stayed! It's your fault!" Riley gasped.

What just happened?