Chapter 16

Maya woke up with Riley already changing into her clothes for school. Maya smirked.

"So you're already changing in front of me, huh?" She chuckled.

Riley smiled and continued changing. "Well if we're gonna be together, we should get used to it."

Maya sat up fast and excited. "So we are together? Riley Matthews is my girlfriend?" She has a huge smile plastered on her face.

Then, Maya got out of bed and wrapped her arms around Riley's waist, Rileys shirt still wasn't on. Maya kissed her gently. "I've wouldn't have it any other way." She smirked.

They were walking to school, holding hands, and a stranger gave them a dirty look. Riley held Maya's hand really tight and Maya put her head on Riley's shoulder.

"We're forever, right, Maya?" Riley asked. Maya smiled a little.

"We're forever."

When they got to school, all eyes were on them. They were still holding hands, but even with everyone looking at them, they still felt like the only people in the world.

Maya kissed Riley which made everyone gasp. "Love you forever, I'll see you later, babe."

The word babe made Riley blush. "See you later."

________________________________

Maya and Riley were at their new house. It was a Saturday, finally. Maya was 22 and Riley was 21.

"Ready for that date, Riles?" Maya yelled from downstairs. 

"Be down in a sec, Peaches!" Riley walked down the stairs in a white crop top and pink denim short-shorts.

Maya was wearing a flowing, black crop top and white jeans. "You look beautiful per usual, honey." Maya said smiling. Riley blushed and opened the door.

"Ready." She answered and Maya followed her out the door and put her arm around Riley's waist, and kissed her cheek.

________________________________

After their date was over, they were sitting outside on a park bench holding hands. Maya bit her lip and got up.

Riley had a confused look on her face.

That's when time stopped for the two girls. When Maya stood in front of her and spoke,

"Riley Matthews, I remember the first day I laid my eyes on you. I couldn't take them off. When you walked up to me and pushed me into the lockers..." Maya chuckled when she said this. "...I told myself to hate you like I thought you did me. But I couldn't get myself to. Something about you made me love you more and more everyday. The day I saw you in the locker room crying, I broke. I had never seen that Riley Mathews before. Then when we kissed, time stopped for me. I left you because I didn't think I could measure up to be good enough for you. But you showed me that I was good enough. When we moved to my place, I had never been happy until the moments we shared there. Then we graduated, and we were the love birds of the school. You sacrificed the college you had wanted to go to for years just for me. These past 5 years I spent with you have been the best 5 years of my life. And I can't wait to spend another 60 with you."

Riley was crying her eyes out. There was a crowd around them now. "Maya"-

Before Riley could say anything, Maya got down on her knee, and took out a ring box with the most gorgeous ring Riley had ever seen.

"Riley Matthews, will you marry me?" Maya gave Riley the most hopeful smile in the world.

Riley got up and walked toward Maya, crying her eyes out with her hands covering her mouth. All she could do was nod and let out a small, "Yes."

Maya got up and embraced Riley and kissed her as hard as she's ever had before. Everybody around them was clapping and cheering.

"I love you, Riley Matthews." Maya said and went back kissing Riley.

"I love you, Peaches."

THE END