Chapter 43

Courtneys POV

After Cameron had told me what happened, I forgave him. I know he would never purposely hurt Gracie. Cameron is not like that. He is a more caring and sweet boyfriend.

I honestly hope she understands and takes him back. They are cute together.

Cameron tells me his plan. Awww.
I agree to help him. Ill do anything to get them back together.

When Gracie walks down the stairs she fakes a smile and says "Good Morning, last night was mostly fun" but I can tell shes still hurting from Cam. I invite her to go out to dinner with me tonight.

"Where to?" She asks.

"At that place that they keep all the boats they have a new restaurant." I told her.

"Ok it sounds fun!!" She said.

We didn't do anything all day until it was about 530 and we were going to leave at 630.

"Let me pick out your outfit!!" I said excitedly.

"Hahah okk" she said.

I picked out her favorite aqua high-low skirt that looked amazing with the color of her hair, and her tight black crop top that had a heart cut out in the back outlined in white crochet. I paired it with my favorite wedged heels and handed them to her. "You'll look great." I said to her with a smile.

When she got changed, I chose my maroon sundress and some white sandals.

After she finished changing, she let me wand her hair and do her makeup.

We left at about 625 because we didn't have to be there until 630 and we were only 3 mins away. We pulled into the parking lot in front of a bunch of boats and she started looking around all confused.

Gracie POV
Courtney made me get all dressed up to go out to dinner with her and when we got there, all I saw was a bunch of boats, not even a sign. "Umm Courtney??" I said.

"Yup?" She said popping the p and started walking away.

"Where is the restaurant?" I asked, trying to keep up with her.

"It's right up here." She said pointing to a big white boat.

We got to the boat and I saw a guy standing at the door wearing a tux. Good thing I let Courtney pick out my outfit tonight, I probably would've worn athletic shorts or something.

As I got closer to the guy, he looked a lot like.....

No it couldn't be.

I just turned and ran.

Courtney was right behind me to stop me before I could get far at all. "You tricked me!!" I said.

"I tricked you because I know he loves you and I know that you love him back. He told me what happened and I believe him. He's a great guy, please just trust me and talk to him." I've always trusted Courtney and I know she wouldn't lie to me for no reason so I turned around and walked towards him.

"Hi" he said with a weak smile.

"Hi" I said, looking at my shoes.

"You want to come in?" He asked me.

"Sure." I said.

After we got inside, he sat me down at a table on the deck. It had a candle in the center and two plates on either end.

A man came out right after Cam saT across from me and put a small plate with salad on top of the one that was already on the table.

Cam stared at me for a few seconds until he said, "dig in."

I don't really like salad, so I only ate the cucumbers that were in it. Cam put down his fork and looked me in the eyes. "Gracie," he started to say "you know I wouldn't ever do anything like that to you. I'm not one of those guys."

"Then what happened cameron?! Why did I see that?! How did it happen?! I honestly don't know how that could be an accident!" I could feel tears stinging the back of my eyes.

"Someone dared her to kiss me and I said no. She wouldn't take that for an answer and tackled me so I couldn't get up. That's when you walked in, I never meant for any of this to happen Gracie. I care about you and you make me feel a way no girl has ever made me feel." He grabbed both of my hands and looked me straight in the eyes. "I love you." He said.

At first, I was shocked. I'd obsessed over the magcon boys since 8th grade and now one of them is telling me that he loves me. And then I realized something.

I love him too.

"I love you too." I said blushing.

The rest of the night was amazing. We ate the rest of our dinner (bow tie pasta with pesto sauce, my favorite!!) and we laughed and kissed and talked and kissed and watched the waves crash and kissed. Did I mention we kissed?! ASDFGHJKL.

We took a picture or us doing the titanic pose and posted it on instagram with the caption I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend💕🐠