Project Touch

Hold on to your wigs shit's about to go down-

This book is almost coming to an end-I'll miss you guys...and thank you so much for 10K! It feels like just yesterday I was fangirling over 200...

Love you.

|

It's just another boring day so far when you and your gang walks into the restaurant.

This was the place you visited with Namjoon, you remember, and it feels like ages ago. Ah, good times.

"This is a shitty idea," Yoongi says casually, his arm slung over a disgusted Taehyung's shoulder. "Why'd you bring us here, Y/N?"

"I didn't bring you anywhere." You roll your eyes. "It was a unanimous decision."

"Unanimous, my ass."

"Shut up." Jimin says sourly.

"But I didn't even say anything remotely offensive-" The blue-haired boy breaks off and sighs. "If this is about the punch again, I said I was sorry."

The blonde says nothing, simply deciding to glare.

"Chim, cut it out." You sigh, your eyes trailing to the table where a couple is sitting. The black-haired man's back is to you, but the way he talks to the woman makes you cringe.

"Not when he's being like this," Taehyung pushes Suga's arm off his shoulder. "Yoongi's being clingy!"

"I think he likes you, hyung," Jungkook smiles cutely.

Suga looks repelled by the idea. "Not in your dreams, Kookie."

Namjoon laughs adorably.

"Hey!" Your best friend protests. "Only I can call him that!"

"Chill." You frown, a little put off by the couple. He seems familiar. "Stop fighting like little kids over who gets the teddy bear."

"But I prefer bunnies." Taehyung mumbles.

"You don't remember what happened with Lisa?" Hoseok bites his lip. "I say we should stick together."

The man turns slightly, and you catch a glance of his full lips.

Your eyes go wide, and your hand lands on Jimin's shoulder. You do know that man.

"Hey-Y/N?" Jimin frowns at your pale expression. "What's wrong?"

When you say nothing, he follows your gaze to the couple, and his mouth falls open. "Shit-I knew something was up with him. I knew it."

Taehyung frowns at the use of a curse word, but you glare at him, trying to block Namjoon's view of that table.

Too late.

"J-Jin?" The peach-haired boy stutters, looking slightly confused and disturbed as he spots the man. "What's he doing here?"

"Namjoon..." Hoseok swallows. "I think he's..."

"No." Namjoon asserts firmly. "She's probably a relative or something. He's gay."

Jin leans forward and whispers something in the woman's ear, making her blush and giggle.

"That's not gay to me," Taehyung narrows his eyes. "And I'm gay."

Namjoon's eyes are wide, upset. "Jin?"

The man looks up, and freezes.

"Bastard." You grit out, knuckles turning white from how hard you clench them.

"I..." Jin stands shakily, wide eyes fixed on Namjoon. "I can explain."

"Love?" The woman frowns, tugging at his sleeve. "What's wrong? Who are these people?"

Namjoon blinks hard, but everyone sees the glistening in his eyes. "I-what-"

Before he can complete his statement, the incredible happens.

Suga, who has been silent until now, steps forward and punches Jin in the face.

The woman gasps, standing over him, and the restaurant goes silent.

"Yoongi!" You chastise, rushing forward-not to help the man, but to hold back the blue-haired boy.

"As Hoseok said," He grits out, staring venemously at the fallen man. "We should stick together."

Yoongi looks up at you, and there is something in his eyes-something that maybe you've seen before, but avoided. It's too intense. It's too convincing. It's too inviting.

Your heart lurches, and you look away.

You glare hard at Jin, cradling his jaw, softening as you see Namjoon rushing out the door.

The restaurant is chaos.

"We shouldn't have come," Jimin glances after him worriedly. "I told you."

Taehyung turns to Jungkook, eyes wide. "I swear I'm not like him. I'm not leading you on."

Jungkook is still stunned at what just happened, staying behind the gray-haired boy, but he looks up at the boy's cutely genuine expression, and fanboys too hard.

"Shut up," He loops his arms around his neck and kisses him.

||

You sit in the musty, low-roofed attic, at the window seat you remember your father made for you when you were a child. The only light is the faint one from the window, and even though the night is still young, you feel tired.

It feels too unreal, too light, too blurry-just like a dream. Maybe it is.

"Y/N?"

You turn your head to the boy next to you, blinking at his expression.

It feels familiar. It is familiar, like the thousands of times you've ignored his gazes and your own stolen glances.

He looks conflicted as he stares at you, his lower lip between his teeth. "I..."

You raise an eyebrow, wondering what is bothering the otherwise carefree boy. "Are you okay?"

Yoongi purses his lips before swallowing harshly, searching your face. You're so confused and curious that you don't even realise when his face comes closer to yours.

"I think...I don't know what to-" He interrupts himself with a sigh. Looking around the dusty, empty attic, he bites his lip harder as he teeters between decisions. "I have to tell you something."

You tilt your head slightly to the side, looking up at him. "Then tell me...?"

Suga turns his head sharply, bringing his face even closer to yours, so that the fringe of his blue hair brushes your forehead. "I don't know how to say this..."

You suddenly feel like you're floating and sinking at the same time when his eyes meet yours. His usually blank eyes are now swirling with unspoken emotions.

And you know you're too far gone.

"Then show me," You whisper.

He swallows hard, and you tilt your face up. You know what might happen, you know it might not be good, but this is something you don't have a say in, not really.

This is the moment-that moment when anything can happen. When your life can change into anything.

And when it happens, it's like the touch of a feather.

Expecting it even when you really didn't, your eyes flutter close as Yoongi presses his lips against yours, his strong hands cupping your face as he kisses you.

You feel as if your heart has stopped beating in your chest before responding to his touch and rapidly thumping against your ribcage. Your heart flutters and floats and does all the things it does with Yoongi.

You feel infinite.

And when his lips press harder, you can feel the darkness closing in around you, and it feels too real.

And then it overwhelms you, pulling you in.