Project Chim

"Y/N," He begins, once you two are safely out of hearing range, in another room. "I know what I did was completely wrong."

You don't speak, but you know one fact. Park Jimin made a bet to break your heart, and even he can't deny that. But you still hope.

"But," He pauses to swallow for a moment, as if it is hard for him to get the words out. "That's not relevant anymore."

You stay silent.

"In the beginning, I admit I was naïve and a complete jerk," He says, his lips pursed. "And it was inexcusable, but there was a reason for it."

He waits for you to say something, but your eyes are on the expansive view of the city, hands on the cold railing and the night wind on your face.

"Y/N," Jimin slips a finger under your jaw. "Would you rather be known notoriously as the playboy, or as the son of a killer?"

You are so shocked that you look up at him.

"Yeah," He breathes out, and you see the pain refected in his eyes. "My dad was a murderer."

You flinch slightly, then bite your lip, ashamed of your reaction. "What-where is he-"

"Dead." Jimin's jaw is set, not an ounce of care in his voice. "They hung him."

Your eyes soften as you reach up to touch his face. "I'm sorry..."

"Don't be." His voice is uncaring, but he caves into your touch, his face pressing into your palm. "I'm happy he is."

You purse your lips, but you get it.

"The man you saw," He winces. "Byun Baekhyun, he was one of my father's best subordinates. He had a gang-and Baekhyun took over it when he died." Jimin's lips twitch into a snarl. "And he wanted me to take over once I was old enough. He wanted me to be my father's heir."

You exhale. "Jimin, I'm-"

"No." He kisses your palm, but he is distracted. "I want to tell you."

You purse your lips, seeing the pain in his eyes.

"Back when I was in primary," He begins. "My father got publically arrested. Now, in this case, two outcomes are possible. Either I would be bullied, or I would be feared. The latter is way worse."

You don't doubt it.

"And that's what happened to me." He exhales. "Every one was scared of me, would not approach the 'son of the killer'." Jimin smiled bitterly. "I never knew friends, not even a project partner. And it kept getting worse.

"I had no one, except my mom-who herself was suffering. But then it became too much. I shifted schools, which is why you didn't see me around before high school." He purses his lips. "They didn't know my reputation, but they did know the fear associated. They guessed, and they guessed wrong. They thought I was a notorious fuckboy."

Jimin scoffs, his fingers curling around yours as he unconsciously pulls you closer to him, as if he is scared that he'll lose you too. "But that was fine with me...as long as they at least talked to me."

You open your mouth, staring up at the boy's face in awe. "Jimin..."

"Please don't pity me." He says softly, his eyes moving to yours, and you see the gentleness in them, and you know he cares about you. "I'd rather be bullied than be pitied."

Your features soften as you stroke his cheek, unable to comprehend the pain little Jimin must have gone through. Not having friends, to you, would be a living hell. "So you're not really..."

"A fuckboy? No." He caves into your touch again, moving into your palm. "I never really slept with anyone. Kissed around a lot, yeah, to keep up the pretence, but I never made love to them."

When he says the last part, he looks into your eyes, and your lower abdomen coils in expectation when he leans in again, and kisses you. "I'm sorry for being such a bitch to you..."

"You're not." He kisses you again, as if he can't help it. "You're actually probably the sweetest and most caring people I have ever met. Maybe that's why I fell for you." Butterflies erupt in your stomach. "And that's why I followed you that day...I knew Baekhyun would be keeping an eye on you, so I had to follow you everywhere."

Your lips part. "The amusement park? I knew something was wrong..."

"When I saw the men there," Jimin grits his teeth. "Chanyeol and Yixing, I knew they were dealing again. And I had to help you; I couldn't live with myself if you get hurt. I'm sorry if I was rough that day, I was really worried." He confesses, and you smile.

"It wasn't a bad reason, Jimin-"

"Chim." He says softly, staring into your eyes with warmth. "My mom used to call me that."

Your eyes soften at his vulnerable tone. "Chim."

He is quiet for a moment, absorbed in you as he stares continuously. His fingers ghost over your lips, your face, and he bites his plump lips. "I'm sorry for continously hurting you...I'm such an asshole, and I know you deserve better, but-"

"Chim, you're not-"

"No, kitten, let me finish." He silences you with a finger to your lips. "I know you deserve better, but I'm selfish. So will you be my girlfriend?"

You stare at him, taken. And you don't answer.

You just kiss him.