Project Bish You Thought

You narrow your eyes. "Bish you thought."

Jungkook steps closer to the edge. "You can't stop me."

You are running out of ideas.

You have absolutely no idea about the boy's past, and nor are you an expert in giving motivational speeches. You have a vague idea of how they stop the suicidal kid from jumping in the movies, but real life is not your forté.

You don't know how to stop him.

"Hey!" You shout in desparation. "At least tell me your name!"

The boy rolls his eyes, irritated by your random attempts to buy time. As if that can stop me. "Jungkook. Jeon fucking Jungkook."

"Nice middle name." You say lightly, slowly edging closer to him. "You're in the year below me, right? I'm a senior."

Jungkook sighs at your even more oathetic attempt at humour. "Yes, I am. What are you going to do after getting to know this, anyway?"

"Well..." You trail off, then brighten. "I know Lisa!"

"So?"

"I can set you up with her!"

Jungkook scoffs. "Please...it's known to everyone in the school that she's gay. And so am I."

Wow, another one.

"Is that why you're doing this?" You try gently, knowing you can placate him because of your friends. "Huh?"

Jungkook snarls at you. "It doesn't matter!"

Your eyes widen in desparation as he steps even further, getting ready to jump.

"No!" You cry out in fear, half lunging, half crawling over to him, and latch around the poor boy's leg. "Don't jump!"

"What the-" Jungkook cried out in alarm as you cling onto his leg like a needy koala. "Let go of me, you crazy woman!"

You narrow your eyes, shaking your head firmly. "In your fucking dreams."

"You-" Jungkook is pissed, yet confused at the same time.

I just wanted to jump...

"Why are you doing this?" You ask softly. "Don't you have friends?"

For you, friends are everything.

Because your family was never there.

"Friends?" Jungkook scoffs, though he is internally surrendering to your somehow lovable stubbornness. "Friends don't exist in my dictionary."

"That's a shitty dictionary you have there," You smile gently at him, realising that the angry boy has calmed down somewhat. "Tell you what, you promise me you won't jump, and I show you just what friends are."

He stares down at your eager and trusting face, thinking over your words. For a reason he didn't understand, you make him want to make you feel happy.

Jungkook has never met you before, yet you have this aura that makes him wish he had.

Your friendly, carefree spirit-reflected in your words and actions, makes him soft.

And deep down, there is some part of him that wants to live.

To have a life.

"Fine." He whispers gently. "But I don't think they can do shit for you. What are friends to you anyway?"

"To me?" You smile warmly at him, cuddling his leg even more. "Well, to me, friends are family."

|

"Are you trying to kidnap me?" The boy asks suspiciously as you drag him over the sidewalk, to Taehyung's house.

You've called every person you can remember to his apartment. You just hope they don't scare the poor kid away, especially by being too extra.

Jungkook is seriously regretting letting you sway him.

"A friend's house." You grin back at him before pulling him up the stairs.

He narrows his eyes suspiciously. "Are you sure about that?"

You grin wider, raising your hand to playfully pretend to hit him.

Jungkook reflexively flinches, hands coming up in front of his face.

Leather belt-

Your smile falters, and you remember the bruise on his cheekbone. Your hand lowers immediately, and you gently cup his face in your hand.

"Jungkook." You pull his face towards yourself. "Look at me."

He reluctantly does, ashamed of his own reaction.

"Does someone hit you, Kook?" You try to be as soft as possible. "You don't have to answer...for now."

He turns away.

You sigh, opening Taehyung's apartment door with your spare key.

Hoseok barrels into you imediately, a huge grin brightening his features.

You step back a little, smiling yourself. "Have patience, Hobi."

He rolls his eyes playfully before noticing the uncomfortable boy next to you. "Hey!" He smiles kindly at Jungkook. "I'm your hope, I'm your angel-"

"Shut up." Jimin sighs from inside, grabbing the back of his hoodie and pulling him inside. "At least let them enter."

You give him a grateful, quickly entering the living room, pulling Jungkook in with you. "Everyone!" You clap your hands to get everyone's attention.

Everyone looks up.

Except Tae, who seems to be busy with his phone.

You give him a dry look before rolling your eyes. "This is Jungkook, in Lisa's year."

Lisa waves at him. "Hey, Kook."

Namjoon smiles at him.

Jimin nods, a polite smile on his face.

Yoongi is...not here.

Your smile falters at the thought, but you get back up. "You know them, right?" You ask Jungkook.

"Yeah..." He seems a little awkward. "Except him."

Taehyung.

You gently push him in the boy's direction. "Introduce yourself."

He throws you a pleading look. What sins did I commit in my past life to be stuck with her?

"Taehyung!" The boys looks lazily at you, before turning to Jungkook.

His eyes widen.

"H-Hey," Jungkook looks extremely shy. You make an impressed face. "I'm Jungkook."

Taehyung has this wide troublemaker grin on his face. "Hey, Jungkook. I'm gay."

You facepalm.

"Stop flirting, you idiot." You hiss at him. "He's new!"

Taehyung sticks his tongue out at you. "Imma do what I want. And besides," He turns back to the boy with a flirtatious smile. "I'd rather not pass up an oppurtunity to impress a good looking boy like Kookie here."

'Kookie' is a blushing mess.

You try to intercede before your best friend ruins any more of the boy's innocence and purity. "You're going to listen to me, Tae-"

"Listen to you?" Taehyung scoffs, turning back to Jungkook with an alluring smile. "Bish you thought."

||

Should I rename this book Gayworld?