Project Leather

Namjoon is good company.

You smile as he regales you with another chemistry joke, smiling himself when he does so. You grin at his cheesiness, taking another bite of your burger.

"I still don't see how you found this necessary, Y/N." Namjoon says disapprovingly. "You didn't have to treat me."

"It's nothing," You insist. "Besides, I wanted to make up for, um, waking you up to...pee in your bathroom."

He laughs. "Yeah. I still remember how worried Jimin and the other two were when they showed up at my door." He pauses, then adds thoughtfully, "I think he said he was looking for a 'pretty girl', he said."

You smile slightly. "Yeah, he's a flirt, alright."

"Yeah, I have reason to believe that. So..." Namjoon begins somewhat hesitantly. "I'm sorry if I'm being nosy, but are you and Park Jimin dating?"

You flush the slightest bit, still not over your new relationship. "Yeah, I guess."

"And you guys met two weeks ago?"

"...yeah."

"Faster than my wifi connection." He mumbles, but you catch it, and chuckle.

"I guess we were too fast, but time is irrelevant. Where'd you get all those jokes, though, anyway?" You are still smiling. "They're pretty...entertaining."

Namjoon smiles, showing his dimples which you find utterly adorable. "They're from...a friend."

Your grin widens at his tone. "Are you sure about that?" You ask, your tone teasing. "Just a...friend?"

He blushes slightly, confirming your theory. "N-no, that's not it."

You wiggle your eyebrows. "Really?"

"Y-yeah." Namjoon stutters cutely, straightening his glasses. "Jin's just a friend."

You coo at his unbelievably adorable behaviour. "He must be handsome!"

Internally, a part of you awes over how many homosexual friends you have. I'm glad there are open ones out there too.

Namjoon blushes even more, and you are reminded of your own behaviour regarding Jimin. "Yeah, he is."

You pump your fist in victory. "I knew it! You totally like him!"

He quickly realises his slip up, and gets defensive. "Well, it was hard not to. He's very flirtatious and sweet too, and he's-" His face pales as he notices something. "He's coming this way."

You blink in surprise, and turn eagerly to get a glimpse of the boy.

The result surprises you.

Jin's not a boy...he's a man.

"Yes." Namjoon says, as if reading your thoughts. "He's twenty."

You are unable to respond, utterly stunned by the ethereal beauty the man is radiating. His dark, glossy brown hair seems to glow in the flourescent light of the restaurant, and his face looks like a carving of an angel.

"He's...beautiful." You whisper in awe.

"I know." Namjoon whispers back.

The man makes his way over to your table, smiling at Namjoon before nodding at you in acknowledgement.

"May I?" He asks politely, gesturing to the empty chair.

You nod, shutting your open mouth, and try to get yourself together, because since you're half straight now...dayum.

Jin raises an eyebrow at the peach haired boy opposite you. "You never told me about your friend here, Namjoon."

Namjoon blushes at his intense stare, avoiding eye contact. "Y-yeah, she's Y/N...from my school."

The man turns to you with a smooth smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Y/N." He extends his hand. "I'm Jin."

"I know." You say, breathlessly taking his hand into a firm shake. "But I should be going now."

Namjoon's eyes flash to yours in alarm.

"Oh, no." Jin frowns, still managing to look angelic. "Don't let me disturb you."

You send Namjoon a discreet wink. "Ah, it's not a problem." You turn to smile at Jin. "I'd love to see more of you, but at the moment, I have homework."

"But..." The peach haired boy opposes weakly.

"No buts, Joonie." You grin at him. "Not all of us are as smart as you."

You might as well give them some alone time.

"Y/N!" Namjoon calls out, but it's too late.

You're already gone.

|

It's gone.

The boy sobs as he steps out the door, into the rain.

I have to go.

He stumbles onto the road, breaking into a run. A sob escaoes his throat as he runs, tears leaking from his stinging eyes. The rain hurts his bare face, but he pays no attention.

He runs.

The boy doesn't have a particular destination in mind, just to wherever his feet might carry him.

I want to die.

And he does.

Time seems to fly past him along with the rain, which has now slowed to a light drizzle. By the time he reaches the gates, the sky is clear, as if it had never cried like him.

I don't want to live.

Mindlessly, he starts climbing the steep rails, feet sometimes slipping on the cold, rusted metal.

When he makes his way to the drop, it is as if the sun has been born anew.

It's too bright.

As if even the world is celebrating my death.

He eyes the steep drop, swallowing against the throbbing pulse in his throat. He would jump.

He will.

"Hey!"

Jungkook whirls around, his brown, teary eyes meeting your wide and confused ones.

How did I not notice her before?

You climb out of the seat, frowning, a little scared. The truth is, you have been curled up inside for hours, reminiscing the time Suga had brought you here.

Your eyes widen even more as you notice the boy's bruised face.

"You!" You gasp. "You're the one I bumped into in the hallway!"

Jungkook is still a little shaken. He doesn't want you to try stop him from jumping, but he recognises you from the accident, too. "You're her."

"Wh..." You trail off, eyeing him warily as you slowly climb out of the seat. "What are you doing? And why are you hurt?"

Jungkook flinches as he remembers his injuries, reaching up to touch the cut on his lip. "None of your business."

Your lip curls at his rudeness. "Why are you here?"

The boy seems to blank back into focus, remembering why he was here in the first place. Remembering the belt. Remembering the feel of leather against his skin.

Jungkook turns away coldly, facing the drop. "I'm here to die."