Away From Home (One Direction Fanfiction)

Chapter 1

"Great," I muttered to myself, as I glanced at the clock and realized my flight was leaving in thirty minutes. My nineteenth birthday was coming up, and my parents were paying for me to go on a trip to Jamaica. They were going to meet me there and we were going to celebrate together.

I threw the last of my things into a suitcase and grabbed my jacket and purse. Quickly wheeling my luggage to my car, I got in and started it up. I drove to the airport and when I got there then there was only five minutes until the flight left.

I realized that I had to use the restroom and practically ran in. After I finished, I paused at the mirror to check my hair and makeup. My curly brown hair was misbehaving and made me look like a crazy woman. I tried to pat it into order and then decided it was orderly enough. I gasped when I looked at my phone and saw my flight should be leaving in two minutes.

I passed security quickly, until a younger guard asked to see my passport. I gave it to him and he checked it and handed it back to me. "You're picture in here looks just like a portrait," he complemented.

"Thanks," I replied, trying to edge past him because they had just called for the final boarding of my flight.

He grabbed my arm and said, "So you're going to Jamaica? I haven't been there, but I hear it's great. You should call me when you get back."

Oh gosh. "Ok bye," I said quickly and ran/walked to where the plane was boarding. One minute left. I accidentally smashed into the lady who was taking tickets, which knocked a huge pile to the ground. I helped her pick them up and then realized mine was somewhere in the pile. I explained this to her and she waved me onto the plane.

I found an aisle seat next to a woman with big hair and sat down. She smiled at me and started talking in a thick British accent. I smiled politely and we spoke for awhile, until the little voice on the intercom told us to buckle our seat belts because we were taking off.

I felt the plane tip up and the woman next to me pulled out her laptop, so I put my headphones in and quickly fell asleep.

I'm not sure how long I was sleeping, but when I woke up I had a crick in my neck and a really bad headache. I looked at my iPod and figured the headache was probably because I had the volume up almost as high as it would go.

The little voice on the intercom said, "Please buckle your seat belts as we begin our descent, and we hope you have a wonderful time in London!"

London? There must be a mistake! I'm going to Jamaica! Not London!

I stopped a steward who was walking up and down the aisles collecting drinks and playfully trying to flirt with the guy a few seats away from me. He smiled at me and in a bouncy voice said, "What can I do for you, sweet cheeks?"

"I think there's been a mistake, this plane is going to Jamaica. The intercom said to have a good time in London."

"No honey bunches, we actually are on a plane to London. Now how many drinks have you had, sweetie?" The steward continued down the aisle and I started panicking.

No no no no! I'm going to Jamaica! The lady just made a mistake, that's all. I don't need to panic. Someone is going to go on the intercom in a few minutes and tell everyone it's just an accident.

I waited, but there was no other announcements. The plane started its descent, and I started to hyperventilate.

The plane touched down and I grabbed my bags and followed the line of people to where the luggage was being handed back. I waited for a few minutes and eventually I saw my big lime green suitcase pop up. Quickly, I snatched it off of the conveyor belt and walked around aimlessly trying to decide what to do.

I'm in a different country, thousands of miles away from home, and my family has no idea where I am. I paced back and forth in front of the long row of chairs trying not to panic. My efforts were unsuccessful, of course.

A few moments later I realized I was mumbling to myself and people were starting to stare. So, I looked at an older man who was giving me a nasty look and said,"What are you staring at?" I didn't even attempt to hide the acid in my voice.

The old guy quickly looked away, as did several other people who were staring at me, and I continued pacing. Deciding the best thing to do in a situation like this would be to feel sorry for myself, I sat on a nearby chair and cried. Then an older man sat a few seats down from me and I figured he would be the best to vent to. I moved down to the seat next to him and I started telling him about all my uproblems.

"So then I figured the goldfish would be hungry, right? So I fed him half the can of food, and when I woke up in the morning, he was upside down in his bowl!" The man patted my back awkwardly as I sobbed into his shoulder, like I had been doing for the past thirty minutes. I continued, "And then one time, when I was fifteen, I was learning to drive with my permit and I was going too fast, then there was a turtle in the road and I didn't see him until it was too late! I drove back to see if he was still alive and there was this little turtle pancake thing on the road!"

My eyes snapped up to a magazine rack and I saw that on the front page of one of them was my favorite boy band, One Direction. I started to get up, and while I was preoccupied the old man got up and ran away. I purchased the magazine and sat down to read it when I heard very loud footsteps run up to where I was sitting.

"I see you're reading about One Direction," a posh British accent called from in front of me. I looked up and saw a short curvy girl staring at me.

"Yeah I am. Is that a problem?" I asked. The girl's wild green eyes narrowed and she flipped her straight long brown hair around.

She replied, "Well you see, give me the magazine." The girl attempted to pull it out of my hands and I smacked her back to get her to back off.

"Get your own magazine, you creep!"

The girl smacked me back, and then smiled at me. "I like you. Where are you from?"

I looked at her curiously, then answered, "I'm from New York, but I'm supposed to be in Jamaica. I got on the wrong flight and ended up here."

"Do you have any place to stay?" Without waiting for an answer, the girl pulled me by the arm and practically dragged me out of the airport. Then she pulled me onto one of those big double decker busses.

"I'm Kirsty by the way. Whats your name?"

"I'm Bianca. Don't you think it's a little dangerous bringing a total stranger to you house?"

"Psh no! You're a fan of One Direction, and any fan of them is a friend of mine!"

This girl is off her rocker. "Ok then, how do I know you're not some crazy serial killer that's adding to their victim list?"

Then Kirsty started laughing. Not just a little laugh, like a huge witch laugh that makes your skin crawl. "I guess that's for me to know and you to find out."

****** Hey everyone!! So this is a 1D fanfic written between chubbycheeks14 and myself, CrazyGirl34

We will alternate chapters, like I take odds, she takes evens.

I hope you liked it, and if so, comment, vote, and fan!! We fan back also!

Thank you!! =)