CHAPTER 7

The last three days have felt like twice that. All I could think about was if I was going to react the way I reacted to him at the diner. I mean, can you just imagine me just staring at him for the whole day? The possibility of this happening terrifies me.

As I get ready my mind wanders to what we're going to do. He said he wanted to show me around and get to know me. He also said he would answer any questions I have regarding shifters. That alone, had my butt in gear and eager for this date. Was it a date? I mentally shrug. No need to analyze this to pieces.

I decided to leave my hair down, but put a little curl in a few places. I'm just finishing up when there's a knock on my door. I glance down at my watch. Ten minutes early. I like punctuality. I'm early everywhere I go. I take one last glance at myself, satisfied with how I look, I turn the light off and go to the front door. I look through the peephole, just to make sure who I'm opening the door to. It's JJ.

I swing the door open, my hands shaking because I'm suddenly nervous again with him right in front of me.

"Hi." He says in greeting, a smile lighting his face. It immediately calms me, and just like that I'm no longer shaking. This is the complete opposite reaction I was expecting to have. I take a deep breath and roll with it. This is new territory for me, so for the time being, I'm just going to go along for the ride and see how it plays out.

"Hi, yourself. You're early. I like it." I says with a little laugh. His smile widens a little bit, and it takes my breath away. "Give me just a minute to get my things and I'll be ready." I turn to grab my phone, keys, and wallet. I slip the phone and wallet into my back pockets. I turn and walk back to the door, stepping out and locking the door behind me.

We turn and walk down the steps. My eyes lift and I see his vehicle. It's my dream car. It's Baby.

"'67 Impala? This is my dream car." I tell him, my mouth hanging slightly open. He reaches over and nudges my chin, effectively closing my mouth. I flush with embarrassment, but I can't stop staring at the car.

It's stunning. Near mint condition, its glossy black coat shines in the sunlight. I walk closer, and the angle I'm looking at it changes, so does the color. Where black used to be, now I'm looking at purple. It's color changing paint.

"The paint job is so cool." I say as I run my hand along the door frame.

"I spent a lot of hours working on this car." He says proudly. And he should be. This is truly a work of art. "You ready to go?" He asks as he opens the door for me, gesturing me to get in. I nod my head and get in, and he closes the door and walks around to get in himself.. The soft leather feels good under my hands as I reach for the seat belt to buckle myself in.

"So where are we going?" I ask.

"To some land my pack owns, if you don't mind. There's some horse trails, I thought we might go on a horseback ride."

"I've never been on a horse." Although, I'm completely game to try.

"Well, we'll just have to change that."

He starts the car up, and it rumbles underneath me. It's such a great feeling, I lift my shoulders in glee. I feel like a little kid. He looks over at me.

"It feels good, right? Took a lot of time to get that purr just right." He puts the car in gear and we're off. It's not even like we're driving, more like floating. He has some classic rock playing softly on the stereo. It's like I'm in an episode of Supernatural. I love it.

"Do you mind if I turn the sound up a little bit? I really love this song." He nods his head and reaches for the dial himself. He cranks it, and I start bobbing my head to the beat, as The Eagles blast through the speakers. He starts humming along to the melody. I listen for about fifteen seconds before I start humming along with the harmony. We sound good together. When the song is over, I turn the volume back down.