SHIFTER

JJ

After we finish eating, we clean everything up. Skye just jumps right in like she's been doing it forever. With all four of us working, it doesn't take any time at all to get it done. Once we're finished, Jamie takes Skye home. The three of us need to head to the station and have a little chat with Dalton. Nev and I take showers while Jamie is gone. I'm just finishing pulling a t-shirt over my head when he gets back.

"Where's everyone?" He yells as he closes the door. I grab my socks and head out to the living room. I sit in a chair and pull my socks on. I nod my head at Jamie.

"Why don't you go shower real quick, while we finish getting ready." I tell him. He gives me thumbs up and heads to his room. I'm grinning to myself at the surprise he has waiting for him. About five minutes go by when he shouts. Another minute and he's running back, sans clothing, and covered in pink. I'm laughing so hard, I can barely see Nev behind him, also laughing hard, doubled over.

"What the fuck?" Jamie yells, and I only laugh harder. The pink has dyed his hair and he looks ridiculous. "Why would you do that?" I can't right now. My brain has shut down, and the only thing left is laughter. I'm rolling on the floor, and Nev hasn't fared any better.

"Dude... go finish... your shower." I manage to get out among the laughter. I manage to take a few deep breaths, quelling it a little bit. I still have a huge grin on my face, though. "It's only a little payback." I shrug.

He has to think for a minute, but then it finally dawns on him. He shakes his head, and a slow grin graces his face.

"You're right, I deserve it. Man, you've been holding on to this one for a while." He turns and heads back to his room. Nev slaps him on the shoulder as he passes.

Nev comes into the living room and sits opposite me. He holds out a fist and I bump it with my own. I lean down to put on my shoes, and Nev does the same. Without a word, I head back to my room and take care of fixing my hair and brushing my teeth.

Those tasks done, I grab a book and get comfortable on the bed while i wait for Jamie to finish up. Another twenty minutes later, and he knocks on my door. He leans against the frame, arms crossed over his chest. I take in his features, identical to my own. All except his pink hair, that is. And just like that, a new wave of laughter erupts from me.

"Yeah, yeah, yuck it up, brother. I've already plotted thirty different ways of getting you back." I wave my hand, and dismiss his words. I already knew that. This little prank war has been going on our entire lives. "You ready to go?" I nod my head and place a bookmark in my book and set it down on the bed. I get up, and when I reach him, I place a hand on his shoulder.

"Think Skye will like the new look?" I ask him, and huge grin on my face.

"I already text her a picture. She said she loved it." He says then walks away.

When we get to the kitchen, my phone buzzes. I pick it up and unlock it. It's a text from Skye.

SKYE: Naughty boy

I grin.

ME: Only paying him back. Believe me, he deserved it.

SKYE: Oh I have no doubt that he did. But pink? LOL

ME: I was going to do a rainbow effect, but decided to take it easy on him. Nev was the deciding factor on the color

I don't get anything back for a few minutes, then I hear Nev's phone chime.

"You ratted me out? Damn, man. Is nothing sacred?" He yells from the other room.

SKYE: I admonished him. LMAO