CHAPTER 13

So we had the start of a plan. The rest of the day I just hung out with the guys, getting to know each other better. We watched some movies, played some games, and basically laughed at each other. All day, Jamie kept bringing me Coke with four ice cubes in a glass, and it took everything for me to not bust out laughing every time. I have a feeling it's going to be a running joke for a long time.

At one point in the evening, Nev disappeared. He was gone about twenty minutes before I even noticed. When I did, I also started smelling something absolutely delicious. I wander into the kitchen to see what he's up to.

When I round the corner, I see him standing at the stove stirring something in a pot. I walk over and peek over his shoulder, pressing my front to his back. I rest my chin on his shoulder.

"What are you making?" I ask him.

"Well, right now, I'm stirring red sauce for spaghetti." I look around the stove, but don't see any water for noodles.

"Do you need me to start a pot of water for noodles?"

"Nope. I'm going to cook the pasta directly in the sauce."

"That's new. I don't think I've ever seen that." I say, intrigued by the notion.

"Yeah, the flavor of the sauce completely infuses into the pasta. It's really good. I was just experimenting one time, and it turned out really tasty." He explains. He puts the handle of the wooden spoon in the little hole at the end of the handle of the pan, leaving the saucy part over the pan. I'm learning all kinds of tricks.

He turns and wraps his arms around me, drawing me in for a hug. I wrap my arms around his back and squeeze him back, laying my head on his chest. I'm content to just stand here like this, wrapped in his arms. No words are necessary. I lift my head to look at him.

"Can I help with anything?" I ask. His whiskey brown eyes are looking at me intently, bouncing back and forth between my eyes and my lips, which I instinctively moisten with my tongue.

He lowers his head, eyes asking for permission. I give a single nod and his lips meet mine. I should feel self conscious about kissing him only a room away from the other two, but once his lips meet mine, all thought flees my brain. It's only him and his kiss.

His lips are soft against mine, as he leisurely slants over over and over again. I wrap my arms around his neck and play with the soft hairs at his nape. He pulls me closer as his tongue comes out to play and I open my mouth to allow him entrance. He tastes like heaven. The kiss is unhurried. He takes his time making love to my mouth. After a few minutes there's a voice clearing behind me. Nev pulls back and looks at the intruder with a murderous look in his eyes, all the while smiling.

I put my forehead on his chest in embarrassment at being caught, but he lifts my chin to look at him. He winks and turns me around to see who it is. Jamie is leaning against the doorway with one shoulder, arms crossed across his chest and one leg crossed over the other. Very nonchalant. He has a shit eating grin on his face, mirth dancing in his crystal eyes.

"Sooo... When's dinner? Not much cooking going on right now." The lecher asks.

"When it's done." Nev fires back, arching an eyebrow.

"Uh huh." Jamie pushes himself up and starts walking toward us. He stops right next to me and leans down to whisper in my ear. "That was hot to watch. I can't wait until it's my turn." My face flushes at his words, and I duck my head as a new wave of embarrassment rushes through me. He just laughs at me, the jerk. I swat at his arm.

"It's not nice to tease the human, Jamie." He reaches out and pulls me into his arms, tucking my head under his chin.

"I wasn't trying to be mean. The jokester, remember?" I sigh as I relent. I wrap my arms around his back and hug him back. I let go after a moment.