CHAPTER 23

A/N: There is a lot of heat in this update. I put **** where it begins, so you can skip it if you want to. 

It's distracting having two other voices in my head. And by 'distracting,' I mean... hell I don't even know the word I'm looking for. I keep thinking about all the historical romance novels I've read and the phrase 'addle brained' keeps coming to mind. Thank goodness I have my mind wall. Nev isn't nearly as intrusive as Jamie is. I'm trying to figure out how to erect a wall for Jamie while keeping myself open for Nev, but I haven't had any luck.

JJ is super frustrated that it hasn't happened for him yet. I've been trying really hard, but nothing seems to be working. With the other two, we had special moments when it happened, but it just hasn't happened yet.

It's been four days since the incident at work. I quit the next day, and my boss was surprisingly understanding. The guys assure me that my ex and his brother are forever out of my life, but I know my ex. There's no way Jared will just give up that easily. Even if his brother comes back to him nearly in pieces. He'll just see it as a challenge.

I've pretty much moved in with the guys. I thought long and hard about it because, let's face it; all of this is so new, but I realized I'm not entirely safe by myself. Between the witch and my ex, I'm scared to be alone.

I have my own room, where I find myself now. I'm reading on my bed, when there's a knock on the door. I call out to come on in. JJ opens the door and peeks his head in.

"What are you up to?" he asks. I wave him in, and he steps into the room, closing the door behind him. I close my book, not bothering to mark my page; I wasn't really reading it anyway, and set it on the bedside table.

"Was trying to read, but my mind wasn't really on it." I respond. I scoot over and pat the bed next to me. He walks over, toeing off his shoes, and climbs up next to me. I put his arm behind me and snuggle into him.

"Everything okay?" I make a noncommittal noise and shrug. "That doesn't really tell me anything."

"To be honest, not really."

"What's going on? Talk to me. Maybe I can help." he offers.

"Well, to start with," I sigh trying to come up with how to word this. "I know you guys said that Jared isn't going to be a problem anymore. And while I really want to believe that, you just don't know him." I haven't told any of them about my doubts.

He opens his mouth to say something, but I sit up and shush him.

"Really listen to what I'm saying." He closes his mouth and looks at me expectantly. "He has connections out the wazoo . He isn't just going to give up. Sending his brother back to him in the condition he was in, is only going to fuel his fire." I'm speaking earnestly, hoping he takes me seriously. "You have no idea some of the things he's done, JJ. He's a terrible person."

I shudder as I think back on some of the things I'd witnessed. There wasn't anything he wouldn't do to get what he wanted, from petty crime, to I'm pretty sure; murder.

"Take me seriously when I say that he isn't going to give up, please."

I can see on his face that he is taking me seriously. I sigh and snuggle back into him.

"We'll take measures to make sure you're safe, Skye. I promise. None of us are going to let anything happen to you. Not from your douchebag ex, and we're working on something to keep you safe from the witch, too." I sit back and look up at him. "We don't have anything yet." he answers my silent question. "But we have feelers out to other packs to see if someone knows something. If there's something, we'll move heaven and earth to get it for you."