CHAPTER 12

A/N: You can thank @bekabooks98 for this fast update.

I'm cleared of work by Bill. I end the call and turn to see Nev standing in the doorway, an expectant look on his face. I wave him inside. He opens the screen door and lets it close slowly behind him, a stark contrast to when I had just let it slam earlier. He walks over to me, a questioning look in his eyes.

"Bill says he can get my shift covered, so I'm good to go. What are we going to do?" I ask nervously, my hands wringing around my phone. "I'm way out of my element here."

"Do you mind coming back to our place with me? We'll sit down with the others and figure it all out." I think about it for only half a second before agreeing. I go to the microwave and cover the uneaten soup and put it in the fridge for later. I grab my wallet and phone. We exit the house and I lock up behind us.

Nev leads me to a yellow Jeep Wrangler, opening the passenger door for me. I slip onto the cool leather seat, and he closes the door before running around to get in himself. He starts the vehicle.

I'm surprised to hear modern pop playing softly through the speakers. Nev didn't seem like a pop kind of guy. He reaches over and turns the radio off, a slight blush fanning across his cheeks. Aw. He's embarrassed by his choice of music. To reassure him that I'm not judging, I reach over and turn it back on, turning the volume up a little and I sing along with the popular female singer. Coincidentally, the song happens to be about the newness of newfound love.

"I'm not judging you, Nev. I happen to like all kinds of music. I really like this artist, too. She writes all her own music, which is so different than other pop artists." I tell him.

"Thanks." He says softly. I get the impression that Nev is normally a quiet person, a far cry from the outspoken but serious JJ.. I'm curious about what Jamie is like. He turns and puts the Jeep into gear and pulls onto the street.

The ride is a silent one, but it isn't uncomfortable. I'm lost in my thoughts, scared about what is happening. How was this Dalton guy able to dream walk with me? Does he have some kind of secret shifter power that nobody knows about? Did he have help from someone else? the questions are endless and i don't have an answer to any of them, so I shut my brain down and stare out of the window ans we drive. The ride isn't too long, and before i know it he's pulling into a long driveway, a large house at the end of it.

I recognize JJ's car, and there's an unfamiliar white Suburban parked next to it. Nev pulls up behind the Suburban and parks the Jeep. He kills the ignition and gets out, I reach for the handle and open my door. Nev is right there helping me out, and before he can let go of my hand, I tighten my grip on his hand. He gives my hand a little squeeze but doesn't let go. We walk up to the house hand in hand.

He reaches for the door handle to open it, but it's ripped out of his hand by someone opening it from the inside. Bright blue eyes stare at me, drinking me in. I can tell at once this isn't JJ. While it seems they are identical in every way, it's the way he carries himself. JJ carries himself like there isn't anyone who can take him. He has a very serious way about him. Jamie, however, seems to be very easy going

I decide to play along, because it's quite obvious they are trying to play the twin game. i reach forward and evelope him in big hug, squeezing for all I'm worth. I lift my head to whisper in his ear.

"I really enjoyed earlier. I can't stop thinking about it." I lean away from him, and his eyes have darkened. I press my lips together to keep from laughing and giving myself away, but the mirth is painfully clear in my eyes. They are watering from keeping my laughter in. He regards me for a moment, before letting out a giant, booming laugh. He wraps an arm around my shoulders and leads me inside.