Chapter 15 - Edited Once

Stella

(Edited Once)

I took the letter from the arrow and tore it open to read words written in... Blood? 

People still do that?

I started reading it but felt scared and confused at the same time.

" Julian, I know you hate me, and I can't blame you for that because I detest you in every possible way. You may become the alpha after you've found your mate, who is so beautifully weak, by the way. I will destroy you. Destroy your family. Destroy your pack. The Graymod pack will sink into the darkness of the evil world. My world. Ps. I hope the fire has lightened up your dark night a bit."

I was shaking so hard to the point of dropping the letter on the floor, and my vision got blurry. A minute later, I snapped out of my daze and grabbed it once again, and headed back to Julian.

I have to warn him.

I ran at full speed, and since I was naturally fast and ran track, I got there in no time. I looked around me and saw all the men trying to put down the fire, or at least calm the flames until the firefighters got there. Where the hell are they?

I searched for Julian through the big crowd, then I spotted him standing near the long hoses.

Thank God he's tall.

I dashed towards him. When he saw me running, he let go of the hoses with a frantic expression and opened his arms. I wasted no time and embraced him. Well, he embraced me. I looked at his hands and face and saw scratches and a small amount of blood and smoke on his forehead.

He's hurt.

"What the hell are you doing here? I told you to run to safety, Stella," he yelled through the loud noise.

I felt intimidated by him for a split second but shook the feeling and gazed at him with so much confidence. "I know, but there was an arrow on the door frame. I found this letter attached to it." I showed it to him. He started reading it, but with every word that he read, he growled more and more.

Okay, he's scary at the moment and I'll not piss him off.

"Did you see anyone suspicious?" he asked me as he put the letter in his pocket.

I shook my head. "No, and even if there was any, it would be hard to see them through the smoke and darkness," I reasoned.

He nodded, then started leading me to safety. I stopped, and he looked at me, confused. "Why did you stop?"

"I want to help," I stated.

He huffed, then grabbed my arm. "No, you are not staying here. Now come with me," he ordered, but I did not move.

"Come on, Stella. Let's go," he demanded in a higher tone.

Yet I didn't move.

"I want to help, I can't just stand there without doing anything. I can't just hide from the fire and let you get hurt, I want to be useful. You have been kind to me, you accepted me with all my flaws. I want to at least repay you, and you know that I can't with money, but I can with this. Let me hel-" I did not get to finish my sentence because Julian's lips landed on mine with so much force. What just happened?

I blinked, closed my eyes, then got back to reality and looked at Julian. I felt demand, need, and affection, which was absolutely bizarre since we had not known each other for a long time. It had not been a week! I did not dare push him away, my hands and legs were weak. I thank God he was holding my hands, or else I would fall.

I felt great sparks. I felt the warmth radiating from his massive body. I did not want to move, but I had to because I heard sirens. Julian looked at me with a genuine smile. "Guess you don't have to help after all. The firefighters are here now, so relax. The fire will be put down in no time. Let's get you to clean your face, you have a lot of smoke on it," he said, and I felt dumbfounded by him.

Is he ignoring the fact that he just kissed me?

That was my ever-true first kiss. Once, I was forced to kiss Robin, and I felt sick for days.

"Stella?" Julian nudged my shoulder gently.

"Y-yeah?" I was too distracted by the kiss that I did not notice Cody, who was standing in front of us with a smirk on his face.

"What?" I asked him with arched eyebrows.

Oh my God... Did he see the kiss?

"You had a moment there," he stated with humor filling his tone. I rolled my eyes but felt my cheeks get warm. Not from the fire. This is so embarrassing. Why did he kiss me?  I'm not special, I have nothing. I literally broke into his house and caused a scene. I'm a magnet for trouble and danger. So why kiss me?

"Come on, Stella. Let's go," he held my hand and led me to the house. I looked behind me and saw that the fire almost subsided.

Good. No one was badly injured.

I fastened my steps to match Julian's. He walked too fast, and he was tall...

We entered the house to see a big chaos. The house was a mess. Blankets everywhere, pillows on the floor. "Looks like we got some cleaning to do," I said, and Julian sighed.

Time to clean.

Let me ask again... Why did he kiss me?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hello ♡

I hope you liked this chapter :)

He kissed her hehehe

Please vote and comment ♛