Chapter 23 - Edited Once

Amazing cover made by @-sadnbad
Thank you so much.

Stella

(Edited Once)

It had been two hours since Julian dropped me off at his parents' house, and his father was not home. I was hanging out with Nancy in her yoga room. She asked me if I did yoga before, but of course, I did not have the time to exercise. I only ran. When she knew that I used to dance ballet when I was younger, she was excited.

I thought she would be sad that I was not interested in being a doctor or a scientist. I always had this perspective that most parents want their kids to be successful and earn a lot of money. Well, that was what I saw in my school, at least.

I used to see parents reprehend their kids for getting bad grades or for misbehaving. One of them once yelled at his son, and I quote, 'This awful grade ruined your chance of becoming a doctor like us .' The dad said that with such a harsh tone, in front of the whole class. It made me flench because I remembered Raymond and his abuse. I felt bad for my classmate since he wanted to become a famous actor. He was great at acting, but his parents did not give him a chance. Julian was lucky to have Nancy as a mom. Maybe she was different because she was a werewolf.

I miss mom, I miss dad. I surely don't miss Raymond and never will.

"So Stella, what do you want to ask me? I know I can't replace your mother's position, but at least consider me as a close friend or even a sister. You can tell me anything you want," Nancy said in her motherly tone, then grabbed both of my hands and squeezed them gently. 

I could see her as a mother figure because I was her son's mate. Mates get married at some point in life, as it was destined. That was what Skye told me the other night. So Nancy would be my mother-in-law someday.

I nodded. "I know you'll listen, but please don't laugh," I requested with pleading eyes.

Her eyes widened, and she shook her head. "I would never do such a thing! Come on, sweetheart, you can tell me what's on your mind." She smiled.

I sat on the long mattress and made myself more comfortable. "Well, Julian explained the mark thing earlier today, He said that he has to do it so I won't be in heat. He also said heat is so hard and painful. He told me to tell him whenever I'm ready," I said, then took deep breaths. "I got scared, I mean... Does the bite hurts?" 

"Honey, I won't lie to you. The bite will hurt you, but for a few seconds, then you'll feel happy and a part of Julian. You'll get closer to each other, your bond will grow stronger. He'll be more attached to you than now. He'll be a pain in the butt sometimes, believe me when I say you both will be happier. I know," she explained with a humorous tone at the end, making me giggle.

"So, no regrets?" 

She shook her head. "No, dear. You'll only earn his full and annoying attention. As his father did to me, he's still doing it," she replied, and I laughed. 

That does not sound so bad. I have been alone most of my life.

"Thank you, Nancy. Talking with you does help." 

She beamed at me. "That's wonderful, let's take you to him now." She stood up and helped me stand. We exited the room and headed to the living room to get her car keys. "He's home now, right?" she asked as we sat in the car.

"Yes, that's what he said."

~~~

"Thank you so much, I really needed some encouragement. See you later." I bid her goodbye and headed to the main door. Julian registered my fingerprints as a lock for the door, as his house was my house. I had to act normal and feel free to use whatever I wanted. O agreed but I still could not act like I owned the house because I did not.

As I was opening the door, I called for Julian but got no response. "Julian, are you there?" I asked again but higher. While I was closing the door, it got stopped halfway by an unknown man. I screamed.

"Your Julian is not here," the man said and pinned me to the wall before I got the chance to even glance at his face.

I felt scared and panicked.

I blinked rapidly. "W-who are you?" I tried to ask since his grip was tightening around my neck. He smirked with a huff. I examined his face up close to make sure he was not Raymond.

He was not.

He was taller, with thicker brown hair and a short beard. His eyes were pitch black, and they had evilness and cruelness in them. "I'm Joey," he introduced himself, and I felt like time had stopped.

Joey?

Julian's cousin and enemy?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys :)

I hope you liked it ♕

Please vote and comment ☆