Chapter 33 - Edited Once

Stella

(Edited Once)

Raymond looked so furious and lacked any good intentions, reminding me of all the abuse he had caused. All of my nightmares. He was not thrilled to see Julian.

I squirmed in my place, feeling the fear rise when he tried to take a closer step toward me. He broke me into million pieces, but Julian did his best to fix me. I would not allow Raymond to destroy me again. I was not the same old weak Stella two months ago. I was a werewolf, strong, loved, and protected. 

I glanced to my right to see Cody and Skye ready to fight in case anything happened. They were glaring at Raymond, and I appreciated their support. I looked at Julian's face, and I had to raise my head because he was too close. He was angry. What would happen? Why did I drag them into this mess?

I gazed back at Raymond and saw him aiming a gun at me. Where did he get that? 

'Not the best time to ask that, Stella dear,′ Dianna commented. ′He is going to kill you if we don't shift.

Should I shift?

"So you were with him the whole fucking time. With your plaything, I knew you were a whore. You disgust me. I can't believe I didn't kill you sooner. You are a pathetic bitch," he ranted, and I felt my blood boil with rage. His words were not true, but they still stung.

I saw Julian's face from the corner of my eye, and it was not a pretty sight for Raymond.

I breathed, finding the courage that abandoned me as soon as the abuse began. I squeezed Julian's hand wrapped around my waist. "Why Raymond?" I swallowed my shaky breath and went on. "Why did you hit me? What have I ever done to make you hate me that much? All I remember was being kicked and beaten by you. You were supposed to be my brother, my family. You were the only blood-related family to me when our parents died. You became a lunatic stranger when you hit me for the first time ever. Why? What did I ever do to you?" I threw my questions at him in one breath. It was about damn time I got my answers.

I waited to see his facial expression. I waited to hear his supposed 'good' reason to abuse me. I waited for the truth to be revealed. Everyone else was still silent. Even Julian. he also wanted to know. I was surprised he did not hit him yet.

Raymond took another step towards us. "Your brother? Your family? Your only blood relative? Our parents, Stella? Are you fucking kidding me? We have never been a family. I never considered you as family. You were nothing to me. You were and still are a bitch. I'm not your brother, Stella. I have never been," he replied coldly, sending shivers down my spine, but not the good type that Julian managed to do to me. 

"Meaning?" Skye growled at him.

Raymond looked at Skye for a second. He fixed his gaze back at me. "I'm not your brother, Stella. I was adopted by your parents. I never belonged to that family. And frankly, I felt happy when they died. They irritated me every day," he spilled the bitter truth, and to say that I was stunned was an understatement. Adopted? 

"Why?" I asked in a whisper that was loud enough for him to hear. I felt drained.

"They loved you more than me since the day you were born. They loved you better, took care of you better, and gave you something that I couldn't and won't ever have," he yelled.

I tried to walk to him, but Julian did not let that happen. "That's not true! They loved you too much, and you know that. What did they give me and didn't give you? Tell me, Raymond, is it a good reason to abuse a weak girl for years? Is it?" I was so infuriated by the way he said it. 

He knew how much our parents loved him. If I knew he was adopted, I would still be happy. It would not have made a difference back then, but now it would. He was a monster in the shape of a human, which was ironic.

He scoffed. "They gave you the ability to shift into a damn wolf. You are a werewolf. That's why I hate... no, I loath you. I was born into a werewolf family too, but I could not shift because I took after my mother's genes. My human mother, while my father was a werewolf. Why couldn't I just have his genes? If I did, I wouldn't get kicked out of my old pack, and I wouldn't get adopted by your parents, who pitied me. I hated that. I hated them. I hate you, and I'll end you," he shouted hysterically. His face turned red from the rage. 

Did I hear him right?

He was born in a pack, and he could not shift because he was not a werewolf. He got angry at me because I could? How in the fucking world was that a good enough reason to abuse me? What a messed up mind he had. 

′Can I just kill his ugly ass?′ Dianna shouted. I ignored her because I was too flabbergasted by him.

"You won't end her." Julian jumped in front of me. "I'll make sure you won't."

Raymond looked at him with the same loath that he felt for me. "Who are you to speak? You are just a fuckboy." 

"I'm her mate, Julian Woods. I'm sure you know about Alphas because I'm about to be one."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey Hey Hey

I hope you liked this chapter :)

What do you think is gonna happen between Raymond and JoJo?

Please vote and comment ♛