Chapter 25 - Edited Once

@CaptainSir Thank you so much, I love it.

Stella

(Edited Once)

When I finally saw Julian enter the house, I felt relieved, but not entirely because of the hands around my neck, choking me to death. As cliché as it could get, I saw my life flash before my eyes. The sad thing was that most of this life was me being beaten up by my own flesh and blood. The happy memories were in the very background, blurry and distant.

Everything was blurry.

Like my vision.

I barely saw Julian approach me with livid eyes. His face was literally red, and his veins were popping out. I almost did not recognize him. He was not his usual calm self. He was not the Julian that I had grown to love. He was different.

"You fucking bastard, let go of her," he shouted at Joey with a very high tone that made my ears ring, then kicked his cousin real hard. Luckily, Joey let go of me. Julian's blow caused Joey to back down to catch his breath. Joey looked at Julian with so much hatred and loath, making him look like Raymond.

"What a nice way to greet your cousin, Julian," Joey sarcastically. I felt like my legs go numb. Once I tried to catch my heavy breath, I coughed loudly, then looked at the floor, trying to keep my eyes open. I was fighting with all my might, but it was useless.

Julian bent down and cupped my cheeks with his big warm hands. "Stella, look at me. Are you okay?" he asked in a scared tone, but I shook my head unable to speak. Seconds later, I felt darkness consuming my vision.

~~~

I heard a lot of noise and felt like I was being placed on a soft bed. I tried to focus until I heard Julian's worried voice. I heard another male voice, and their chat started to clear out more. "Please, doc, help her. She won't wake up. I tried to call her but she didn't move at all," Julian explained, and I felt bad for not being able to open my eyes.

"I see, let me examine her and I'll talk with you in a bit. Leave please," the doctor replied, but then I heard a loud bang. Someone might have slammed something on a table.

"I will not leave her alone with you. She's my mate, and you can't touch her as you please. I'm the only one who can do that, not you, not anyone else. You'll check her right in front of me. Here and now," Julian yelled at the doctor.

I wanted to scold him.

I could sense his wrath. I tried to open my eyes, but I could not. It felt like I was buried under a big pile of rocks. I wanted to calm him down, to hold his hands, to hug him and kiss his lips. I wanted to wake up, but I simply could not.

A moment later, I heard a female voice, so I listened closely. "Julian please, let the doctor do his job, listen to me," the woman pleaded, then another voice joined the conversation. "Julian, listen to your mother and the doctor," his dad ordered.

"No, I'll stay here with her." Julian stubbornly refused to leave, and I felt happy. I did not know what I did to deserve such an amazing man, who was abnormal. A werewolf. A kind, protective, and possessive werewolf. I never thought I was worthy enough to have these people in my life.

"Okay, I'll inject her with medicine to help her wake up. Will you let me do that? Please, Alpha. It will help her for sure," the doctor asked, and Julian sighed then I felt someone place their hands on my arm. Seconds later, I felt the needle in my arm. It stung a little, but I could not wince or react. What was wrong with me?

"Stella, please wake up. I promise I'll find Joey and kill him, then I'll find Raymond, and I'll make him pay for what he had done to you all these years. I'm sorry you had to go through that again because of my cousin. Just wake up. I love you, Stella," Julian confessed, and I felt delighted to have him around. I tried to open my eyes again, and again, and again until I started seeing the light. My vision started to brighten.

"Julian, look!" Nancy pointed to Julian, then he started shaking me lightly.

"Yes, love. Open your eyes, open them for me," he encouraged, and I doubled my efforts and opened my eyes, then I closed them to adjust my vision to the light. It was blinding. "Thank you, doc. I'm sorry for my outburst." 

"It is my duty, Alpha. Even if you yell at me, I will never abandon a person in need. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to leave for now," the doctor replied as I heard the door close.

I opened my eyes to see my restless wolf with a huge smile on his face. "Hey," he greeted.

I smiled and then looked around me. I was in a hospital bed, probably the pack's hospital. I saw Nancy and Julian's father standing behind their son with smiles on their faces. "Hey," I greeted back. I tried to sit, but it was difficult, so I just lay there with Julian next to me.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"I'm better now. Thanks to the injection, I believe," I replied, and Julian arched his eyebrows.

"You heard? Everything?" 

I chuckled, then nodded. "Yes, every single word. From the threats to the, I love you. By the way, those last three words gave me the power to open my eyes. Thank you," I admitted, making him blush, and his parents laughed at him.

"Well, Stella. It's good to know that you're okay, so we will leave you two alone," his father said then they left the room.

"Julian."

He looked into my gray eyes and smiled. "Yes, love? " 

"I'm ready."

He raised his eyebrows, confused. "Ready for what?" 

I put my hand on his cheek and rubbed it with my thumb. "For you to mark me," I announced.

I can't believe what I'm saying.

I just asked him to bite me.

I hope it will turn out good.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hello everyone ♡

I hope you liked this chapter :)

Please vote and comment .

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Thank you @Raiya77 for the great cover ♡