Chapter 38 - Edited Once

The gown :)

Stella

(Edited Once) TW: Violence

I was in our bedroom with Skye as she put the final touch on my hair. Nancy came into the room while screaming at the top of her lungs. 

What in the world?' Dianna yelled back.

Skye and I stood up, alerted. "What's wrong?" We asked in unison, looking around for any kind of danger.

Nancy smiled and crushed me with a bear hug. "You look beautiful! I'm so excited for tonight!" she replied and we let out a breath we did not know we were holding.

"Good God, you scared us! We almost pooped in our undies, Aunt Nancy." Skye put her hand on her heart trying to calm down then she sat on the bed.

"Yeah, we thought something bad happened," I agreed with Skye, then hugged Nancy back. The night did not start yet, and I was already tired.  She let go and looked into my eyes with twinkles in hers.

"I'm sorry, I can't hide my excitement very well." 

"Do I look good? Is the gown okay?" I shifted in my place while playing with my fingers. 

"Are you kidding me? You look absolutely gorgeous!" she walked around me to see the back of the gown and my curled hair. Skye was a miracle worker. "And your hair looks great, you are so beautiful. Oh, my God, I'm so happy for Julian. He found an amazing mate. Your pups will look like supermodels!" She ranted. Skye and I laughed at her cuteness. 

She sounded like a teenage girl who just discovered love. 

′No, she sounded like a teenage girl who just discovered Starbucks,' Dianna corrected, and I chuckled.

"Thank you, Nancy," I replied politely with a cheerful smile. "When do we have to go to the backyard?" I asked after I sat on a chair near the door. The ceremony would be held in the backyard since it was so vast that it could fit more than 700 pack members. Just the thought of standing up in front of them made my stomach flip. I was so nervous. 

'Man up,' Dianna said.

′I'm a woman,′ I replied.

She rolled her eyes. ′ Woman up... Happy? ′ she repeated and I laughed with a nod.

"When Julian comes to get you, which is going to be in about a-" Skye looked at her wristwatch and then back at me. "Minute or two, you'll walk slowly on the grass," she stated, and I felt like puking. 

Oh, my God.

′Relax, they don't bite,′ Dianna muttered.

'Very funny.'

"So, we will see you down there. Wait for him to come get you." Nancy hugged me real quick and got out of the room with Skye. I stood up and started pacing around the room while looking at the floor. 

'What if I mess things up?'

'You won't.' Dianna's simple reply showed how much she had faith in me.

The door cracked open. I looked up and saw my handsome mate staring at me. He looked charming wearing his black suit and his hair was styled back, making his honey eyes stand out. Words could not describe how good-looking he was at that moment, and all I could think about was that he was mine.

We kept eye contact for a long time until he broke it with one single breathless word. "Wow..." he whispered and wanted to run his hand through his hair, as usual, but did not do it. I looked down, feeling nervous. He began walking towards me with small steps. Every step made my heart jump from its place, wishing that time would stop.