Chapter 24 - Edited Once

Thank you @Crissy_Abby ,it's amazing.

Julian 

(Edited Once)

I filled Mom in on Stella's situation before I headed to the pack's prison because that conversation was so awkward, and I preferred to deal with fucking Robin than have the full talk about heat about the mark. Robin better starts talking.

'Yeah and if he doesn't, just let me do the talking. I can be very persuasive,' Peter said, and I nodded, not feeling like arguing with him. He could be a handful if he did not get his way. I must find Raymond and Joey as soon as possible because they would cause problems if I did not deal with them soon. I just felt it.

I opened the old cellar and entered to see more than thirty evil rogues, but I kept on searching for Robin. After a few minutes of receiving threatening howls and curses from all over the prison, I spotted him sitting on a chair while staring at the sky through the chained window.

I almost did not recognize him from his disfigured face. He received the beating of a lifetime from my warriors. When my men learned that Robin tried to hurt their Luna, they were furious and agitated. I did not let them kill him. I could not let them do that since I wanted to know Raymond's whereabouts and his plan. 

I will protect Stella with all my might, even if I have to sacrifice my life for her.

"So you finally decided to show up?" Robin's hoarse voice brought me back to reality. 

'Disgusting.' Peter always had something to say.

I did not answer him, I just closed the cellar's door and brought a chair then placed it in front of him. "Are you enjoying your stay?" 

He huffed. "Let me out of here," he demanded.

"No can do." I crossed my arms and leaned back in the chair. I waited a few seconds before I spoke, just to get on his nerves. "On second thought, you can get out of here, but on one condition."

He shifted in his place, already anticipating his freedom, and looked at me. "What's the condition?" he asked with narrowed eyes. He was finding it difficult to believe me, but I dropped the doubt in his mind.

"Tell me where Raymond is, and you may leave," I cleared.

' ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?' Peter yelled in my head and I nodded.

'Yes and no,' I replied then blocked him out. I needed to focus.

Robin's eyes widened for a second, and then he calmed down and acted as if he did not care about his freedom. "But I don't know where he is."

I rolled my eyes at his lie. "Come on, Robin, we both know that you're lying, you can do better than that. Now spill it before I use my fists to make you speak, and I won't be as lenient as my men," I threatened, and the worry was evident on his face. Good.

"You wouldn't..." he dared me, and I snickered.

"Oh, but I will. I am not an angel. Now tell me, where is Raymond?" I demanded in a more intimidating tone because I was done with his bullshit. I used my Alpha voice and it sounded terrifying even to humans.

He sighed, defeated. "He's living in a cottage near the river to the south," he answered, and I raised my eyebrows. There was only one river in that area, and for some reason, it was hard for me to believe him, but I would play along for a bit.

'Cody, take Alexander and another pack warrior and go to the south area, near the river. I want you to search for the bastard Raymond. You remember him, right? ' I mind-linked my Beta and waited for his reply.

'Yes, alpha. Right away,' he replied not a second later, and I turned my attention back to Robin.

"Okay then, I'll set you free like I promised. Not now, tomorrow. If you are lying, you better pray," I announced, then got out of the cellar before he could object to anything.

I know he's lying, but there is no harm in checking.

I got into my Jeep and headed to the woods. Peter and I wanted to run to cool off, so I parked the vehicle in my usual spot and grabbed some clothes with me. I shifted and let Peter take control.

'Finally, I can run,' Peter said.'I miss Stella,' he added, and I sighed.

'Me too, buddy, me too. We will see her soon,' I replied then he dashed through the woods.

~~~

After two hours of running, Peter stopped to rest. 'I'm tired.' Peter lay on his stomach and closed his eyes.

'You think? You've been running for two hours straight at full speed,' I said, and he laughed. He decided to take a nap on the cool ground, and I let him. He deserved a break. However, not a minute later, Peter jumped, surprising me in the process. Something happened.

'What happened?' I asked, feeling uneasy and anxious.

'Mate. Stella's in danger. Great danger,' he said, then started running without stopping.

'Where?' I got angry and worried for her. 

'Home,' he replied, and I made him stop.

'Shift back, I'll wear my clothes. If the door is locked, I'd have to put on my fingerprint,' I explained, and Peter did as I said. I dashed towards my house at my Alpha speed and smelled Stella's scent and someone else's. I sniffed the air as I approached the house. I smelled his disgusting smell.

I smelled Joey.

He is dead now.

I opened the main door to see what made me livid and furious. Stella was pinned to the wall by Joey, and his hands were around her neck. He was choking her. "You fucking bastard, let go of her," I shouted, then kicked him real hard, shoving him off her. 

"What a nice way to greet your cousin, Julian," Joey said, and I saw Stella fall on the floor, trying to catch her breath. She was coughing too much. I bent down and cupped her cheeks, ignoring the bitch of a cousin.

"Stella, look at me. Are you okay?" I asked. She shook her head, unable to speak. A moment later, she fainted. I was so concentrated on her that I did not pay attention to Joey. He looked at me with a sly smirk.

"Too bad we didn't get the time to speak normally, but there is always a second time."  With that, he dashed to the woods. I did not chase after him because Stella was more important.

As he said, there is always a second time.

And it won't be pretty for him.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hi guys:)

I hope you liked this chapter ♕

Please vote and comment ☆