Chapter 16 - Edited Once

Julian

(Edited Once)

When I saw her running towards me, through the smoke, I lost it. I had to protect her soul and body, and her being out here made it difficult for me to do so.

'What is she doing here?' Peter asked, then I saw a piece of paper in her hand.

'I have no idea,' I replied then I opened my arms for her, not expecting her to accept my embrace. But to my delight, she dove right in. I felt sparks from her warm and delicate touch. Peter howled, feeling content and satisfied.

"What the hell are you doing here?  I told you to run to safety, Stella." 

She looked at me, and I saw the determination in her stunning unique gray eyes. They looked like fire due to the reflection of the actual fire, and they told a million stories. "I know, but there was an arrow on the door frame. I found this letter attached to it." She handed it to me, and I started reading it. The words got me agitated that I wanted to shift into my wolf form and start running into the woods, but I was wiser than my impulses. Most of the time.

'That's fucking Joey,' Peter commented.

'Yes, I know. I'll have to talk with his dad and my dad, first thing tomorrow morning,' I said, then blocked Peter because his growling in my head was becoming unbearable, especially with all the commotion.

"Did you see anyone suspicious? " I asked as I put the letter in my pocket.

I need to show it to my uncle. Stella is in danger now because of my family and not hers. I can't risk her safety.

She shook her head. "No, and even if there was any, it would be hard to see them through the smoke and darkness."

I nodded, then started leading her to safety, but she suddenly stopped and looked at me. "Why did you stop?" I asked her, confused and eager to move again.

"I want to help," she stated stubbornly.

I huffed, annoyed and tired from all this shit in my life. Not her, but the circumstances. 

I just want to sleep with her in my arms. 

"No, you are not. Now come with me, you can't stay here." 

' She will be a perfect luna because she can make you restless ' Peter commented and I ignored him.

Like seriously, now?

"Come on, Stella. Let's go," I demanded in a higher tone to make her feel a little bit intimidated. Yet she did not move an inch. I admired her stance, but it was not the time.

I glared at her, wanting to carry her on my shoulders, but she started talking, making me pause my plan. "I want to help, I can't just stand there without doing anything, I can't just hide from the fire, I want to be useful. You have been kind to me, you accepted me with all my flaws. I want to at least repay you, and you know that I can't with money, but I can with this. Let me hel-" I got irritated from her long speech, so I did the only thing that came to my mind.

I kissed her so she could shut her pretty little mouth.

' Yeah JUST to shut her up ' Peter popped in my head and I rolled my eyes.

She was mine and mine only.

'You need to tell her about us !' Peter remarked, and I thought about it.

'When the time is right,' I replied and kissed her deeper. I swear that her touches were like magnets. The sparks were amazing. I craved more, but sadly, she pushed me away gently when she heard the sirens.

Perfect timing...

I looked at her with a genuine smile. "Guess you don't have to help after all. The firefighters are here now, so relax. The fire will be put down in no time. Let's get you to clean your face, you have a lot of smoke on it. " I said, trying to change the subject. If we talked about the kiss now, it would be awkward for me to look into her eyes. 

That was my first kiss. 

The only woman who kissed me on the cheeks was my mom.

I'm afraid that she will hate me after this and I don't want that.

I can't live without her.

I looked up to see Cody standing there, smirking like a freak. "Stella?" I nudged her shoulder gently to grab her attention.

"Y-yeah?" she said, then looked at Cody, and her cheeks turned bright red.

"What?" she asked him with arched eyebrows.

He saw us for sure.

"You had a moment there," Cody stated.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Come on, Stella, let's go " I held her hand and led her to the house. She looked behind for a second, then turned back.

She's worried about my pack members.

'She has Luna instincts in her.' Peter was right.

We entered the house to see the big chaos. The house was a mess. A big mess that needed to be cleaned. Blankets were everywhere, pillows on the floor, even food.

Who was eating at this hour? Not that I really care, but come on, it was two in the morning when the fire began.

"Looks like we got some cleaning to do," she stated, and I sighed.

I hate cleaning, but I also hate the mess, so I have no other choice.

~~~

I woke up the next morning to see myself sleeping on the couch with Stella in my arms. She was so cute, sleeping like a little kitten. We must have fallen asleep right after we finished cleaning. We were so tired that I did not see where I slept. I kissed her forehead and got up.

I wrote her a letter that stated my whereabouts and that I would send Skye to keep her company. I will not leave her alone.

I called my uncle, Joey's dad, and told him to meet me at Dad's house. My uncle hated Joey after what he did to us, and that was why he would help me find him to deal with his sorry ass.

I hope we find him fast so I can kill him for even thinking of hurting Stella.

He will pay.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hello everyone ★

I hope you like this chapter :)

Please vote and comment ♛