Chapter 18 Bonding Over The Straight Girls

Monroe says, "Well I was hiding up in a tree when I saw Nate walk up. So, I followed him and saw Melody waiting for him. They started to talk about something. Then Nate handed Melody an envelope and Melody handed him a bag. He reached in and pulled out a black hoodie. After that Nate walked off and I'm guessing Melody went back to her party. I got a text from Vanessa saying to meet her and you three in the parking. I come out of woods to see Vanessa get run over. I saved her and then was running for my life. I jumped to the right and felt intense pain in my legs. Then my head hits something and I black out. What happened after that?"

"We called an ambulance and went to the hospital. Vanessa was out of surgery first so we went to see her. You were still in surgery. We talked for a little then Estella found out that there was a very high chance that you wouldn't wake up, but you did" says Ariella. Monroe asks, "So what have you three been up to since me and Vanessa have been in the hospital?" Ericca answers, "I think me and Ariella figured out what Nate has been up to recently. We went and searched his room. We found a bunch of pictures of me, Ariella, you, Estella, and Vanessa."

"Anything catch your attention it he pictures" Estella asks. "Nothing yet" Ariella replies, "Still in the process of going through all of them." Ericca says, "We also found an address that leads to a barn." Monroe asked, "Have you investigated the barn?" Estella answers, "We were going to tonight until we heard you were awake. So, we decided to hold off until you told us what you saw that almost got you killed." "So, does this mean that Nate is working for E" Ericca asks.

"Looks that way" Estella says. Monroe asks, "So what now?" Ariella says, "I say we regroup tomorrow after school. Vanessa is getting out today. We catch Vanessa up at school tomorrow and then meet up here." "Alright" says Estella, "Bye Monroe. Let's go." "Bye Monroe" Ariella says. Estella and Ariella walk to the door, but stop when Ericca doesn't follow. "Don't you want a ride" asks Estella. "My dad is picking me up" says Ericca. Estella shrugs and walks out followed by Ariella waving good bye. "What's up" Monroe asks.

"So, me and Ariella got trapped in Nate's closet" Ericca says. Monroe smirks and Ericca says, "Don't start up, Vanessa has not stopped teasing me." Monroe holds up her hands in surrender and motions for her to continue. "Anyways" Ericca says, "Once Estella has Nate distracted, we attempt to make an escape, but Ariella makes a noise and Nate comes charging up the stairs. We quickly climb out the window and hide in the tree. Once the coast is clear we climb down. Ariella ends up falling and I catch her. She says thanks for catching me and I say thanks for being a great catch."

"Smooth" Monroe says. Ericca continues and says, "We were looking into each other's eyes when Estella says yes we all know Ericca is a great catch, now can we go?" Monroe breaks out in laughter and says, "Typical Estella." "I put Ariella down and she asks me if I was flirting with her" Ericca says. "Perfect moment to confess your feelings" says Monroe. "I said no" Ericca says. "Errriiicaaa..." Monroe says. "I panicked" Ericca says, "She then tells me good."

Monroe says, "Ouch." "That's not even the worse part" Ericca says. "Oh, the horror, what could be worse" Monroe asks. Ericca says, "She says she's straight and friend zones me." "Double ouch" says Monroe. "Why did I have to fall for the straight girl" Ericca asks. "Me and you both" Monroe says, "At least she doesn't play with your feelings." Ericca says, "Touché."

Thanks for reading.  Sorry about the short chapter, I'm sick and wanted to publish another chapter.  What did you think?  What do you think is going to happen next?  So we find out what Monroe saw.  What did you think of that?  Ericca and Monroe bond some more over falling for the straight girl.  What did you think?  If you want a scene recreated let me know and I will do my best.  If you want to see someone have a cameo let me know and I will do my best.  If you have any questions or suggestions let me know.  As always comments and votes are appreciated.